ZUMBA ZUMBA ZUM-BA!!!

Options
JDHINAZ
JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
I just did my first Zumba class. DANG!!!! It's FUN!!!! And although I proved once again I have NO rhythm and dance like a chained elephant, I was smiling ear to ear the whole time! Gotta go again.

...oh...and the 800 calories burned don't hurt none, either!!!

Replies

• amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Isn't it fun! Its my favorite form of exercise! I also probably leave something to be desired dance-wise, but I just hoped it made people not want to watch me! :)
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Zumba is waaayyy fun!! I'm the same way, no rythym whatsoever. :laugh:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I have said that I've never had so much fun doing something so badly!

Becky:happy:
  • SkyraBee
    SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We just got a Zumba instructor at my gym too. I can't wait to check it out.
  • dyjames
    dyjames Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i did zumba last week for the first time. it was greta, i did not realize you could burn so many calories/-great
  • nancyat48
    nancyat48 Posts: 11
    Options
    they just started a class at my gym. What is it??
  • sben00
    sben00 Posts: 1
    Options
    Zumba is a latin dance class or as my instructor says "fitness class" You don't have to know how to dance or just shake it like it's nobodies business and sweat and smile. I have been going two times a week, but I just found out that there is another class on Wednesdays that I wilil be adding in. It flies by and it's a great workout. You push yourself as hard as you like. I sweat more at that class than I do on my 3 mile walks or the time I spend on the eliptical.

EVERYBODY SHOULD TRY IT, IT'S ADDICTIVE!
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 6
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I went today!! It felt like a big party!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! I want a Zumba class so bad! I don't have a gym membership, but I would pay the non-member price, just to go to that class a few times a week. I love dancing (and shakin' it :wink: )! Oh well, I guess it's the downside of living in a small town. :grumble:
  • kcdore_2469
    Options
    not to brag lol but I am a very good dancer and I am going to my first Zumba tonight! I hope I don't make a fool out of myself. Wish me luck!

Katrina
    Start: 211
    current: 208
    Goal: 145
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    I love zumba. I feel like I have much energy after the class.
    I go 3 times a week. I wish I can take it 5 days a week but my gym does not have it every day.
    Hip hop is good too. Since you have to remember the routine, you mind got a work out also.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Zumba is my favorite way to exercise! It really does feel like a party, not a workout! By the time I leave I am soaking in sweat!

Love it!
  • nshartley
    nshartley Posts: 9
    Options
    Anybody know of anyplace online that has a Zumba video (for those of us that don't have a gym)???
  • karenamilner
    Options
    Yes, Zumba is AWESOME!!! I have been doing it since Feb 9 of this year!
  • karenamilner
    Options
    sometimes Ebay has the dvd cheap...just gotta keep a look out....you should go to a class though!
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    Zumba.com has the videos on sale. I also recommend getting to a class with an awesome instructor. You will never want to do zumba in your living room again!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    REALLY! 800 ! I think i gotta try this, I saw that my gym offers it a couple times a week, but i didnt know what it was! Thanks for the info!
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    Zumba.com has the videos on sale. I also recommend getting to a class with an awesome instructor. You will never want to do zumba in your living room again!

I saw the videos, in brief. The moves will definitely get you sweating and give you a good workout. I didn't enjoy it as well as my class at the Y though!!! I agree, if you can find a fun instructor, that is the best way to go!!
  • karenamilner
    Options
    how did you lose 5 lbs?
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I just did my first Zumba class. DANG!!!! It's FUN!!!! And although I proved once again I have NO rhythm and dance like a chained elephant, I was smiling ear to ear the whole time! Gotta go again.

...oh...and the 800 calories burned don't hurt none, either!!!

Hi, my name is Neena, and im a Zumba-holic....and i also have no rhythm!!!! :bigsmile: