Options

Replies

• Front_Runner
    Options
    Bump
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Graphic designer here. So I guess that makes me sort of like an artist who insists on getting paid before creating something. :wink:

I 'dabble' in art though. Here's as close as I can get...

jibberjabberfrozenwaste.jpg

swirlytwirly.jpg

worldwearsthin-finalcopy.jpg

Awesome stuff. Firefly rules.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    cool stuff everyone! My hubs is a professional photographer ~ that is how we met. I was finishing my degree in photography & went to work for him. I married the boss 20 years ago this St Patty's Day! :drinker:
  • blackberrypie
    Options
    I do, but its mostly artwork to print on charms and bookmarks and the likes. :) And I'm more fond of making jewelry.

I am on Etsy and DA as thedapperdingo. :) I'm working on my website so I can showcase my artwork and crafts there soon!
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Photographer. Sometimes the taking the photo part can be a good bit of exercise, but the editing is hours of sitting at a desk. I cannot move until I've edited the majority of the pics from a shoot. I get lost. My fav part!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ailsa-Hayward-Photography-Dubai/142912729093050
  • anjydarling
    Options
    I make wall art out of duct tape as a hobby. I have a lot of pieces but here are a few I figured I'd share.
    - Nichele

You And I
    100_3241.jpg

Bruno Mars
    100_3257.jpg

Marilyn
    Marilyn.jpg

John Lennon
    100_3287.jpg

Amy Winehouse
    100_3062.jpg

Adele
    100_3269.jpg

Nicki Minaj
    196481_622224615035_31405019_35242328_8022910_n.jpg

Custom Piece
    388620_738808794405_31405019_36068949_566348248_n.jpg

THESE ARE AMAZING!!! :heart: I have never seen someone do something like this :smile:
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm a wanna be artist.

http://colochel.deviantart.com/

Pencil, acrylic & charcoal

:) Loved looking at your pieces, everyone, thanks for sharing...
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options
    http://ritztheoctopus.carbonmade.com/

You guys all have great stuff!
  • Kehnj
    Kehnj Posts: 33
    Options
    Art has always been one of my favourite hobbies. I used to want to turn it into a career, but ended up stumbling into a different creative career instead in between art jobs, so...now I just do it for fun.

http://hdb.deviantart.com/

A lot of that stuff is really old...I need to post some new stuff.

@ WOW, This is beautiful work! you need to post more!

@cgwatson: Those are so cool~

:3 Everyone here has awesome art I love seeing it~
  • kristelw
    kristelw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    that duct tape stuff is amazing!

i'm a (wedding) photographer. www.kristelwyman.com/blog
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    Photographer, here. :) Great work, everyone... I really enjoy this post.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I'm an Architect so I spend most of my day drawing. Pretty awesome stuff you guys have going on! :)

This is more of a hobby really. Nothing fancy, just something I enjoy doing for kicks.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/BushyTailDesigns
  • hausofnichele
    Options
    THESE ARE AMAZING!!! :heart: I have never seen someone do something like this :smile:

Thanks so much - that really means a lot :flowerforyou:
  • peaceinside
    Options
    BUMP
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Thanks so much - that really means a lot :flowerforyou:

WOW!!! I am super impressed, also! Super unique! I hope you are getting the professional attention you deserve.... seriously, wow!

I used to do graphic designing. Then I started writing and illustrating children's books when I did the stay at home mom thing. I haven't officially approached a publisher yet. I plan to get back to it when I'm not in school. It's taking a lot of time and energy to handle being a full time student and a single parent. But I'm NOT giving up on the idea of being an illustrator one day! :)
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Professional animator here, I've worked on stuff for Nick Jr, HBO, MTV, and random other things. I left my job though to go to grad school and have been doing 3D Animation. My doodle blog is here though, but they're just quick and silly doodles: http://jentobox.tumblr.com
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    I love to draw! They aren't very good but here are some of them. I'm currently drawing my husbands ugly car. He wants a stock drawing, one of how it is now, and one of when he's done fixing it up. He's so weird!

This was for my baby because he loves Elmo.
    IMAG0720-1.jpg

These 2 were for my friends granddaughter.
    Capture.jpg
    IMAG0764.jpg
  • hausofnichele
    Options
    WOW!!! I am super impressed, also! Super unique! I hope you are getting the professional attention you deserve.... seriously, wow!

Awww! No professional attention yet although I have sold quite a few. That is so sweet of you to say. Thank you!
    ---

I love the cartoon drawings!! Really adorable :D
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    People may consider me a 'crafter' but I prefer to think of myself as an artist. I am a card maker and scrapbooker, but I'm loving creating mixed media collage pieces and see a lot more of that in my future. I love getting my hands inky & all covered with colour :)
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I doodle when I get bored. my entire work computer screen is surrounded by faces that I have drawn over the years. Haven't really picked up a pencil and lain down any serious art in maybe six or seven years, tho. May have to, after seeing some of this inspiration. You guys are awesome!! :happy: