Hi! Re-introducing myself

Options
Hi! I'm Sarah. I used to belong to this website ages ago but stopped for various reasons (2008 or 2009 maybe). I've decided to give it a go one more time and have really found it useful over the past three whole days I've been on :)

I'm 35 years old, American but living in the Netherlands (Amsterdam) for the past almost 8 years. I think what frustrated me last time when trying to use MFP was so many of the Dutch brands that I was using weren't in the system and I couldn't be bothered to type in all of the information for every single item. I've happily noticed this time around many more of my Dutch "things" are already in!

Last year I dropped 13 kilos (28.6 lb) through the help of a center here called Novarum (it's a center for obesity and eating disorders) and they really cleared out my head and gave me a good plan of action through cognative behavior therapy and the aid of a dietician. I have managed to keep that off plus or minus 2-3 kilos on any given day but now feel like I need another little push to continue the weight loss. The last thing I want to happen is to become food obsessed again and constantly think about food, what I'm eating, what I'm not eating and choices which is sometimes what happens when I join these types of sites. The best I can do is say this is an experiement and I'll see how it goes. Hopefully I can do this with a new state of mind and not find myself being obsessive!

My highest weight was 136.8 kilo (301 lb) and I am now hovering around 124k or 274 lb.

Replies

• blantonjm1
    blantonjm1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    welcome! you are going to really well here i can tell already. don't be afraid to ask for encouragement along the way. Good Luck on your continued weight loss.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back! I wish you every bit of luck on your journey! xx
  • Jessi40
    Jessi40 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! and welcome back!!

I just started for the first time a few weeks ago myself! I'm also trying to find balance this time around... I always have done and 'all or nothing' approach in the past. I really am working on finding a lifestyle.

Good luck!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome back & good luck :bigsmile:
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    welcome back!:flowerforyou:
  • Hubbafer
    Hubbafer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! Would love to help with support!! Add me if you like! :)
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    oh geesh I must be emotional today, I almost cried just reading your kind replies! LOL Thank you very much. I also wanted to say that through my therapy I learned not to be so "all or nothing' mentally. So when I make goals I don't try to reach them 100% (which sounds silly but stay with me here) because 100% would mean I was perfect. I am not a perfect person. Yeah, I have perfect days some days but not all the time for sure. Those non-perfect days used to really get me down and the spiral would begin again. So when I set all of my mini-goals for the week (drinking enough water, eating fish twice a week, taking the stairs, exercising, etc) and when I total them up at weeks end if I achieve 80% of them then I consider it a successful week! 80% is perfect for me! Cutting myself that little bit of slack has worked wonders for my mental well being surrounding weight loss!

also, back in 2006-07 I had lost 70+ pounds using the Dr. Phil Ultimate Weight Solutions book but then in November 2007 I got pregnant with my amazing "worth every pound" daughter (who is now 3.5) and since that time I've not managed to keep any of that weight loss and actually gained more on top. Ugh.