to pancake or not to pancake?

Options
2»

Replies

• Monkee_Magic
    Monkee_Magic Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Banana and honey on my bad boys, maybe a some straightforward orange/lemon and sugar too. :smile: :laugh:
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oh YES! Bacon and maple are a winning combo - I'll have to do ham or chicken and honey with cottage cheese/low fat cheese + a fried egg white - I'm hungry just writing this...
  • maryjay51
    Options
    my son in law taps maple trees and makes real maple syrup. that is a treat for me if i go that route..recently i melted some raw honey and almond butter and spread that on my pancakes and it was soooo good
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm not religious but I've seen so many pancakes over the last few days I'm going to have to have them for tea, plus it will be a nice treat as I'm having a ct scan tonight.

just a bit of sugar and lemon for me.
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Puffed Pancakes (or German Pankcakes) will be consumed at my house this weekend ! yum!!!!!
  • tumteetum
    tumteetum Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can make tasty crepes with just buckwheat flour mixed with water to a thin batter consistency. A pinch of salt helps too. Tricky to get them thin though.

But I think we'll go for proper pancake batter today.

Delia's recipe for traditional British pancakes http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/basicpancakeswithsuga_66226
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    ts pancake day here right now in the UK.. Im going to enjoy every bite of my pancakes tonight :laugh: Im going to cook a few now just as a trial to see if they turn out any good! If they do - then im back later to cook some more! If not then mum will cook me some haha! I loooooove chocolate spread on mine:love: its like the best thing ever!

soo treat your self to some pancakes! Its only once a year remember!! :bigsmile: and then get back on the wagon the day after pancake day :D

enjoy!
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Weirdo over here that doesn't like pancakes!!

Well, I won't say I dislike them but I never crave pancakes and I eat them maybe once a year. Maybe if I could find a place that makes decent crepes?
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I already had my pancakes this morning. :)

Flour, outs, flaxseed meal, almond milk, banana, walnuts, dark chocolate. I had them topped with stevia sweetened Greek yogurt and a mix of strawberries and rasberries. YUM!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i'm polish so their will be no pancakes for me, but i will be enjoying a nice paczki! mmmmm
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I will be having pancakes. They will be topped with fruit and greek yogurt.
    this for sure!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    i propose shrove waffles...
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    Remember though, when us brits talk about pancakes, we dont mean IHOP style pancakes, we mean what you across the pond call crepes.

Yes, I will be having some, and being as I grew up across the pond, I will be embracing the inner american child in me, and having a bit of maple syrup. :)

I also plan tp try some agave nectar on one, but I'm not so sure I'll like it on pancakes!

And yet Tesco is selling *real* pancakes this week. I don't get it. If crêpes are pancakes, what does that make pancakes? And it isn't just "across the pond" that calls them that…considering it is a French word and they originated in Brittany!
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :smile: Wont be eating them ...but when i do , has to be honey & fresh lemon juice :bigsmile:
  • Robide
    Robide Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Remember though, when us brits talk about pancakes, we dont mean IHOP style pancakes, we mean what you across the pond call crepes.

Yes, I will be having some, and being as I grew up across the pond, I will be embracing the inner american child in me, and having a bit of maple syrup. :)

I also plan tp try some agave nectar on one, but I'm not so sure I'll like it on pancakes!

And yet Tesco is selling *real* pancakes this week. I don't get it. If crêpes are pancakes, what does that make pancakes? And it isn't just "across the pond" that calls them that…considering it is a French word and they originated in Brittany!

I struggle with this as well. Whenever I go to the US, I love a trip to IHOP from some pancakes. I tend to refer to them as american or buttermilk pancakes. But thenagain, are they not called the Scotch Pancake?

It's all too confusing. Tonight though, I'll be having Crepes. Yum yum.
  • TeraGC
    TeraGC Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well this thread has cemented my decision to have a mess of pancakes this weekend.

I don't think this is how a weight loss website is supposed to work? Oh well...

LOL - yeah...I'm sitting here after logging my breakfast of skim milk, muesli cereal and a banana and thinking about how great pancakes would be.