New - Anyone doing 17 day diet?

Options
Hi all....I am just starting both MFP and the 17 day diet. Wondering if there are any others doing this plan who might have thoughts and support. Hardest for me is giving up processed foods (aka SUGAR).

Thanks

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    What is the 17 day diet?
  • sand71
    Options
    I have done the 17 day diet, and found it was too restrictive for the first 17 days. But if you can stick with it, I found the weight did fall off. I did feel like I had alot of energy, from cutting the sugar out. So now I just try to eliminate all processed foods, I tend to stick to the ww points, which really blends well with mfp.
    Good luck to you with the 17 day diet!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I just started the first cycle yesterday. I've been trying to eat healthier in general for the month and a half. I've read the book and started to apply some of the food principals before starting the actual diet to try to pre-condition myself. I hope that it goes fairly smoothly. Good luck to both of us!!
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 18?
  • jdaskins
    Options
    I did 17 day diet in April. Lost 17lbs within the first 19 days. The first 4 days were the hardest for me. I then became very motivated. By the time I got to cycle 3, I was doing mostly portion, sugar, carb control. You can do just cycle 1 if you need to pull off 5-10 lbs after a bad week or two.
  • cafort
    Options
    I was a daily chocolate, cookie, sugar-addict and am three days into the first cycle. It has been HARD. I have a lot of fruits and veggies cut up and available when I get the urge to snack. Any time I have had a sweet craving I drink a couple of glasses of water and that seems to help. I have lost about a pound a day, so it is keeping me motivated to keep that sugar out of my mouth. Good luck!
  • jdaskins
    Options
    It is actually 4 cycles of 17 days. The first 17 are very strict. Each cycle incorporates more foods. A lot of protein, cleansing veggies, low sugar fruits before 2 p.m. I found Dr. Mike Moreno to be very motivating in the book.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm on C2D4. The first cycle was enjoyable and it helped me figure out how to get more of the things MY body reacts to into my diet. Not everyone is the same. My body reacts well to proteins, carbs and sugar not so much (but who's body does), and dairy is ok for me as long as it's not too much (considering I'm allergic to milk and cheese I should have guessed that). I'm pretty sure I'm not doing everything exactly right, but it's working none the less. There is a thread on here with a ton of ppl at different stages of the plan. Just go to 'search' and type in 17 Day Diet, I'm sure you'll find it. Good luck!
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    How can I learn about the 17 day diet?
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add me. I'm doing a 30day no sugar diet.....
  • Veta145
    Veta145 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is the 17 day diet???
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    How can I learn about the 17 day diet?

You can probably google it but there is a book you will have to buy, or check out from the library if they have it.
  • karissann_02
    karissann_02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The 17 Day Diet book you can buy at walmart its a book that tells you exactly what to do for 17 days
  • McKristy
    Options
    I am pretty much following the 17 day diet. I was already eating quite clean before, so the weight isn't dropping off as quickly, but I enjoy it. I just started cycle 1 for the second time after originally starting it on Jan 1 of this year.

Here is a good site for recipes http://www.thedoctorstv.com/forums/527-17-Day-Diet-Recipes

There is also a Facebook page created by one of the original women on the diet on the Doctors show. I'll be honest, I find her a bit preachy, and she pushes her "cookbooks" but overall some good information.
  • allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What happens after you've completed the whole diet? Does the weight go back on really easily?
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 18?

There are four cycles each with 17 days....After the first 17 days, you then move on to the requirements of the second 17 day cycle
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 18?

You gain it all back...?
  • MrsJanay
    MrsJanay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No 'diet" is going to work. It has to be a lifestyle change. It will all jump right back on you after 17 days of changing. You go back to your old ways, so does the weight. Just make it a lifestyle change. I still eat bad sometimes. I cut all sugar, white flour etc. I have lost 13 pounds in a little over a month. A guy I work with has lost 80 since Nov. Just change a few things in your life - cut sugars, use fresh veggies/fruit, and no white flour, do whole wheat everything! You WILL get results that stay
  • amyf1973
    amyf1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also just started the 17DD. I am on C1D3. So far, I am finding this easy to do! I was previously doing a Low Carb diet, so I am loving adding fruit and yogurt to my diet. Feel free to add me if you want!

~Amy
  • McKristy
    Options
    And that's what this is, a lifestyle change. Or in my opinion it is. It's not 17 days. It's 17 days of cycling different foods. It's changing the way you're eating. Cutting out the sugars, the white flour, etc.

I cut out sugars for the most part a couple years ago, and however you get there, you need to go through a "detox" stage. That's what the first 17 days on this one is. It's very similar to South Beach if anyone is familiar with that.