Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred

Options
Hi MFP peeps,

I am new to MFP and am planning to lose up to 10-15 lbs to get back in shape. My problem area is my midsection. My niece told me about Jillian Michaels' 30 days shred. Who would like to embark on this journey w/ me? If you have or are currently doing it, what are some suggestions you can give me?

Replies

• mkath4
    mkath4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just started it for a second time. The first time I did not stick with it. I have seen people have such success with it. I am sticking to it this time. Good luck!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've just done day 24 and my best advice is to look at it like flossing your teeth - if you skip a day that doesn't mean you should never do it again.
    I've had good results but more in terms of losing cms rather than kgs (or inches and pounds if that's the way you roll!) so make sure to take your measurements before you begin as well as weighing yourself.
  • EB4life
    EB4life Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thx guys :) I appreciate the comments, advice & support :) You may request me as a friend if you'd like someone to motivate u. I could also use the motivation of MFP friends! I'm new to the site.
  • farmerted322
    Options
    I just bought it. I'm going to start in the am. Cross my fingers in can do it. Feel free tonadd me.

Kathy
  • I just started week 2, I think the workouts are kinda fun, but they are challenging. I only do it 6 times a week though, sometimes I need a break from her :tongue:
  • butterflygurl89
    Options
    Maybe slightly off-topic, but do you guys think the '30 day shred' is better than her 'last chance biggest loser' dvd? I have both, and I'm doing the last chance right now. It's a 6 week thing, so I guess after that I'll do the 30 day.
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just recieved my 30ds dvd the other day. I'm ready to give it a go. We can do this!
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my second go round with her tape! i have almost all her dvds and i love them all! it's challenging but remember its only half an hour long and the exercises may be hard but you only have to do them for a minute or 30 seconds! and you can do anything for a minute right! good luck!
  • ksomerfeld
    ksomerfeld Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 6 of the 30 day shred. This morning was my first attempt at level 2, and it is DEFINITELY a step up. In the first 5 days (on level 1), I went from using 3 lb weights on everything to using 8 lb weights on everything except the lateral arm raises (5 lb weights for those!). Oh, and I still wasn't able to sustain 30 seconds of continuous push ups without being on my knees.

I have not dropped any weight, but it is VERY clear I am replacing fat with muscle. Day 2 I had three different people comment on how toned and awesome my arms looked. Day 4 I went rock climbing and experienced a noticeable difference in both my strength and endurance - I increased the difficulty of climbs from 5.7 to 5.9 AND had to cinch the waist on my harness tighter.

My muscles are SORE but I feel like I have SO much more energy throughout the day. I look better, I feel better, and I am determined to do it every day for 30 days!
  • ksomerfeld
    ksomerfeld Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I picked up the 30 day shred on Amazon for $7.
  • ScotinSeattle
    ScotinSeattle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I also just bought it via Amazon, that and ripped in 30. I've heard so many good things about it. Cannot wait to try it!
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My advice is take your measurements before you start jillian michaels. That is where I saw the changes. Not on the scales. She is tough. I love her!!!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the 30 DS yesterday and did my 1st workout. I was surprised as to how much my legs were sore after the 1st day. I thought my legs were in pretty good shape and expected the rest of me to be sore, but she apparently hit muscles in my legs that I don't use that often.

I am looking forward to the journey.
  • EB4life
    EB4life Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get started! If you guys want to compare notes, you can send me a friend request :)
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have just completed day one of the 30DS, it nearly killed me, which proves how unfit I am! It was also 30 degrees (86F) so it was a little warm...

How many days do you complete section 1 for?
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm about to begin my 2nd workout... the first was very intense for me but I feel good knowing I got it done!
  • Nytram81
    Options
    you only go on to the next level when you feel like level 1 is becoming easier and when you're ready to. Some people can take 20 days before they go to level 2, even though it says "30 day" - it can go on longer.

I went roughly 10 days on each level.
  • emeralds5668
    Options
    I just did my first 30 ds.....it was good....legs burned....had to do the easy version on many but I made it through....I can do 60 minutes of intervals on my elliptical on the highest level but this was a challenge...iadd me if you like....we can do this
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I've done Jillian's 30 Day Shred before and it's great. I was really enjoying it the week I did it. You have given me an idea to start it up again.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    you only go on to the next level when you feel like level 1 is becoming easier and when you're ready to. Some people can take 20 days before they go to level 2, even though it says "30 day" - it can go on longer.

I went roughly 10 days on each level.

Thanks for that, i was wondering, day 1 was a killer...... but going to do day 2 as much as I can!