• pnjperr
    Options
    Wow...great recipes!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your receipes and suggestions!
  • Nsdnjbl
    Nsdnjbl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Love these ideas, whoo hoo!!
  • chellehubcap
    Options
    This isn't very healthy, but it tastes so good and your entire house will smell great!!

Fry the chops just to get a little color on them, than simmer on med heat with 2 cans of tomato soup and some onions and green peppers. Simmer for 45-60 mins. Serve over brown or white rice. Meat will just fall apart with a fork and tastes so good!

This recipe is awesome I make something similar with cans of petite diced tomatoes. I also add garlic. Either way is really good, it would just depend on your calorie count for the day. :wink:
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Mince some onions and asparagus, sautee for 5 minutes. Add to mixture of goat cheese, parmesan, S&P, garlic.

Make a slit in your chop, stuff with the aparagus goat cheese, sear on each side then finish off in the oven.

I'm making this tomorrow :drinker:

That sounds delicious!
    My father does the following:

Brown the chops with some onions. Then add a packet of mushroom soup powder mixed with about half the recommended amount of water. Pour it over the chops, add whichever veggies you want and bake in the oven. Seasoning to taste. Sometimes he slices an apple thinly and lays it over the chops
  • shar0006
    shar0006 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the exact recipe, but www.cooks.com is a great site to find a recipe, if you know what you are looking for. For pork chops we like to create a apple cider vinegerette with bosc pears and onions. Will try to find recipe as my husband typically makes this one.
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I braise pork chops in an iron skillet with spray. Remove and set aside. Layer cut up apple (sprinkled with 1 t cinnamon and a cut up sweet potato in iron skillet which has been covered with cooking spray. Add pork chops on top and cook for about 35 min. in a 350 degree oven. I also add cranberries in season. We love it!
  • angelapolite
    Options
    ALL YUMMY!!!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have some thick, boneless center cut pork chops and I need some ideas. I've done shake and bake. I've used a spicy pork rub already.
    I need some fresh new receipes!
    Thanks!

Look in your fridge. Grab whatever beer/wine cooler/wine you have left over.
    Put your meat in a container and add alcohol, add a plop of BBQ sauce (or whatever sauce you want). Let it marinate for a day in the fridge with an airtight seal/lid/plastic wrap, etc.
    Then cook as desired. YUMM!!
    We did that this weekend with pork chops, Seagrams Jamacian Me Happy & Watermelon Rind BBQ sauce!! OMG...it was aaawwweeesssooommmee!!
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My sister marinates them in fat free Italian dressing then coats them in Parmesan cheese and bakes them.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Brown seasoned chops in hot skillet in oil, set aside. Add to skillet one sweet onion, cut in half rings, cook over medium, scraping up all the yummy bits from the chops, until somewhat browned/transparent. Add a can a diced tomatoes, thyme and red pepper flakes to taste. Place pork chops back over onion and tomato mixture, simmer until chops are done. I usually go about 30 minutes, and I serve it with brown rice w/ garbanzo beans and a salad.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Brown seasoned chops in hot skillet in oil, set aside. Add to skillet one sweet onion, cut in half rings, cook over medium, scraping up all the yummy bits from the chops, until somewhat browned/transparent. Add a can a diced tomatoes, thyme and red pepper flakes to taste. Place pork chops back over onion and tomato mixture, simmer until chops are done. I usually go about 30 minutes, and I serve it with brown rice w/ garbanzo beans and a salad.

I LIKE THIS ^^
  • steadyloser
    Options
    I do a whole pork loin in the crock pot for 6 hours.
    Pour a little Italian dressing on before cooking.
    Gives it a great flavor.
    I guess you can do chops as well, just not as long in the crockpot.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I love crockpot receips, thanks!
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love to fry up pork chops in a pan, then deglaze the pan with a little white wine, add spicy mustard, and a little milk, let it thicken up a little and serve with the spicy mustard sauce over the chops. not sure of the nutrition info since I haven't made them since I started tracking but if you used skim milk it shouldn't be too bad.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I love to fry up pork chops in a pan, then deglaze the pan with a little white wine, add spicy mustard, and a little milk, let it thicken up a little and serve with the spicy mustard sauce over the chops. not sure of the nutrition info since I haven't made them since I started tracking but if you used skim milk it shouldn't be too bad.

That sounds like an awesome idea! Thanks
  • iowatransplant
    iowatransplant Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shellecandothis
    shellecandothis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have some thick, boneless center cut pork chops and I need some ideas. I've done shake and bake. I've used a spicy pork rub already.
    I need some fresh new receipes!
    Thanks!

I cut of all the fat the place them in a oven dish and cover with stock the place in oven to cook slowly they come out nice and moist and easy hen your in a hurry there good in a slow cooker to