Anyone doing herbalife?

Options
Just wondering if anyone have tried it. Have you liked it? What were your results?!

Replies

• ksalmon1998
    Options
    I have started with some of the shakes this week (once a day). I will be going to a meeting on Tuesday to learn more about the products. I have tried the strawberry cheesecake shake, banana split shake and the lemon cheesecake shake; they are all great. They are not chalky tasting at all.
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I do them twice a day...I have only had the cafe latte and the french vanilla though. Those flavors sound great!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    After a week of using it, it made my heart race. Had to quit.
  • tabilw
    tabilw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Herbalife for 2 and a half years. I love it. It makes me feel healthier, gives me more energy and the shakes and pies taste great. There was about a 4 month span when I stopped using the shakes for a bit. I took a small break from working out and eating healthy. Then I started eating healthy again and it certainly gave me more energy, but when I started incorporating herbalife back into my regiment I felt not only a huge difference in my energy level compared to when I was eating crappy, but also a huge difference when I was just eating healthy.
    I do 1 shake a day for maintenance, but I used to do 2 shakes a day which really helped me shave off some pounds.
  • mallette27
    Options
    I've been using Herbalife for a year and 2 months and have lost 30 lbs on it. But now it doesn't seem to be really working for me. :/
  • auoricwings
    Options
    Im an herbalife distributor, and when using just the shake and none of the other pills, I lost 16 lbs in 2 weeks. I gained it back because I didnt have enough money to get more but now I have a job and will be able to stay on it. Im waiting for my french vanilla to come in the mail, as I just ordered it tonight. Other wise I have a little bit of the cookies and cream and the mint chocolate (it goes out in march so if you have not ordered yours get it now!).

Today I tried the body by vi and I did not like it, that actually tastes powdery. So im super glad that I am doing herbalife!

Im starting the 3 day La Bamba diet through herbalife on march 5th. People tend to lose on average about 5-7 lbs in the 3 days!! Im holding a weight loss challenge at my collage. If you would like more info on the La Bamba diet just message me and I can send it you you. It is an herbalife diet though, so you do have to purchase the products.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Used it years ago. Lost tons of weight, gained it all back because i was clueless about nutrition :-(
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    From what I know of it (my mother tried to give me like 6 canisters of some cookies n' cream shake mix) that stuff is completely laden with man made chemicals and tons of crap I can't pronounce. Would not recommend it. I took one look at the ingredients of it and threw it out... I think there must have been at least 50-60 things in it? lol...
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Love love love the stuff. I have been on it since June 2010 and I was down 80 pounds but then I quit everything. Shakes, diet and exercise. No wonder 30 pounds came back on huh! But now I started my shakes again and exercising and I feel great plus I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks :) I only do 1 shake a day due to the cost but I am really watching what I consume the other meals of the day. Good luck and if you would like please add me!!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    haven' tried it myself but my beautician was using it says its great but when you stop the weight piles back on. i am just finishing a similair diet - alizonne - and i think the secret is to come off of these shakes very gradually and replacing them with healthy meals and snacks, this way ur healthy weight is maintained, mfp is perfect for this.
  • Brilliantbritt27
    Options
    Just a suggestion.....use a healthier eating style such as veggies, fruits, meat, and water vs. herbalife. People always try to take the easier way out or make it complicated. Plain and simple, keep it fresh. :/ Sorry if thats not much help. But in the long run its healthier to get addicted to healthy eating than to depend on shakes and pills.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a couple weeks, I added fruit in with the shakes and blended them...tasted great and kept me full! =) Lost a couple pounds but I have been losing weight anyways.. so idk if that was the reason or not.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Your a fool if you waste your money on these products
  • ijessieb
    ijessieb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I personally really enjoy Herbalife... I do 2 shakes a day with the Cell-U-Lose. I keep healthy snacks on hand and eat mostly high protein, fruits, and veggies. What I like most about it is that it's simple. No extreme hardcore plan to follow, it's basic, and with my very busy schedule that's what I need.

The responses in the thread that say "I loved it lost a ton of weight then gained it all back" - That happens with ANY DIET if you don't understand your nutrition, so it wasn't the products fault... more the users. Even if you aren't taking any diet shakes/supplements at all and just stop and eat whatever you want you'll obvious gain the weight back.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I used it back in 2001. it worked well for me back then. Somehwere around 2002 the FDA banned Ephedra (I think it's spelled that way). By that time I had lost the weight and wasn't using it any longer. In 2003 I wanted to get real trim so I got another kit to try again. I got NOTHING out of it that time. Without the Ephedra it was no different than a Slim Fast shake except for being a lot more expensive. That was the Green kit, their Gold kit never did anything but get me wired up too distraction.

Looking back on the second time, I think the only thing it really did for me was force me into portion control. I used it as I started working out and learning about good nutrition. So I was able to jump right into the trimming. I could have saved a LOT of money simply by studying about the portion control first, but I was impatient.

Then of course I took a 9 year break from working out, hince my attendance here on MFP. This time it's just me and my calorie counter, and I'm down 14 pounds and 4 inches in 45 days. so I don't believe the Herbalife program is worth it.
  • sassparilla77
    Options
    I've used many of the Herbalife products for the last 13 years... and not just for weight loss, but for health and wellness. When I initially started the products I lost 50lbs & 5 sizes in 5 months...as well as getting rid of my daily headaches. Maintained that weight until I had gotten pregnant 5 years later with twins. Continued my use of the products during my pregnancy since prenatals don't seem to agree with me. Gained 27lbs with the twins, felt amazing and gave birth to two very beautiful healthy baby girls. After giving birth I lost 30lbs and over 50 inches, maintained that weight for 6years....then was diagnosed with severe ulcerative colitis. My doctor wanted me to overhaul my eating habits, which I was not even remotely happy about (no salads, cut back protein, no caffeine, no nuts, seeds or apples). I asked the doc, "what can I eat?" His response, "Noodles, bread, etc." Are you kidding me?!?! You want an inner (excuse my language) "fat girl" to eat a load of carbs?! Needless to say, I packed on the weight. After playing around with my Herbalife products, I have finally gotten my colitis under control without medication. I am back to my regular eating without an overload of carbs. And have lost 12lbs thus far.

So I say....Why not Herbalife?! We have been approved to be in 81 countries, been around for 32 years, we sponsor over 200 athletes including world champs LA galaxy, we have products not only for weight loss but weight gain, weight maintenance, fitness, digestive issues and many more.. So why not?! Yes, I've heard time and time again... "If you stop drinking the shakes, you'll gain the weight back." Well of course you will. Just like with any lifestyle change.. If you stop eating better, stop working out or cutting back, you will gain the weight back!

I love these products. And I have seen and felt first hand the amazing things they can do. All 3 of my girls are herbalized...through and through! However, its your choice.

Good Luck! :)
  • droberts3311
    Options
    Same here. Used years ago lost 50 , gained it all back plus. Needed to work on eating healthy. I think that is your best bet. Clean eating is best for me. Exciting to try new foods and recipes! Scary to look at what is in our food today!!! :frown: :
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I just can't picture drinking a meal when I can have wholesome fresh foods. I really prefer to chew and savor my calories.
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    I just purchased the distributor kit and it came with a "try it yourself" sample package of the diet. I have the shakes and supplements and tea. I just tried the shake, not bad! I'll let you know how I do :)
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Great Shakes but I haven't done them in like 8months....