My libido left me with my lbs

Options
Hi all,
since I've lost all my lbs, my libido is missing. I suggest they are both having an affair.
I've never really had the time to burn my calories with it - but I just noticed the last few months, it's the real real desert around.

It's too weird to be a simple coincidence, any back up here ?
- cheers mates

Replies

• TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Bump for later but I feel ya on this one.... Not sure if its real or something in my head but its gone!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Nope - just the opposite here, sorry.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    honesty-cartoon-honesty-tumor-cancer-funny-lol-demotivational-poster-1206471526.png
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Nope - just the opposite here, sorry.

You don't have to :laugh:
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'll admit now that I'm thinking about it, there have been definite flucuations.
  • brenteesha
    Options
    A quick Google search indicates that it should be the opposite... most page captions I saw mentioned weight loss helping your libido. Sorry that this isn't the case for you! Maybe it's just in your head? :) I doubt it's for a lack of interest in you, that's all I have to say. Ha!
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Same here. My drive has bottomed out since I started working out and loosing weight. I don't understand it either! =(
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    tumblr_liuck7m66o1qzaxefo1_500.png

First of all, not many people on here are going to be able to relate to this. Going from obese to normal weight -->increase in libido. Going from normal to ripped --->possible decrease in libido.

Looking at your photos, you're around 8% bodyfat at most. Having that low bodfat can decrease testosterone output for some males. Also, being in a calorie deficit for a long period of time can mess with your testosterone production. Getting as ripped as you are is no different than starving to death, as far as your body is concerned. Your body isn't going to put many resources into reproduction when it thinks it's starving to death.

I personally dealt with this as well. It's not a loss in sexual function, more like a decrease interest. The good news is, when you raise calories, your libido will come back. It looks like you're bulking now, and you're keeping your fat intake high, so you're doing well. Speaking from personal expereince, give it a few weeks and you'll be fine.
  • garbanzalo
    garbanzalo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's a sign of overtraining. Not sure about women but for men, the libido should increase since proper training will result in an increase in testosterone.
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    odd... I'm the other way around... mine's higher since my weightloss...
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    A quick Google search indicates that it should be the opposite... most page captions I saw mentioned weight loss helping your libido. Sorry that this isn't the case for you! Maybe it's just in your head? :) I doubt it's for a lack of interest in you, that's all I have to say. Ha!

Mmmm quite interesing :
    Hypothyroidism and Sexual Health

Patients suffering with abnormally slow thyroid function know that this disorder can sometimes make even the simplest tasks of everyday life feel like an impossible struggle. Depression, fatigue, low energy, weight gain, lethargy, and exhaustion are facts of life for many hypothyroid patients.

Today, awareness about thyroid health issues is at an all-time high, so it’s easier than ever before for patients with hyperthyroidism to seek out valuable information about many of the symptoms that they face. However, the sensitive issue of sexual health is often not as readily and widely discussed.

The reality is that sexual problems are a common side effect of hypothyroidism. Specifically, many patients with hypothyroidism report having difficulty achieving and maintaining arousal. Researchers believe that these symptoms are attributable to the overall slowdown of the metabolism that hypothyroidism causes.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    yikes....:noway:

I would send out a search party
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Mines up too. I think just b/c I feel so much better about myself....But my sleeping at night is shot to hell too and gotta take up the time awake with something :)
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It's a sign of overtraining. Not sure about women but for men, the libido should increase since proper training will result in an increase in testosterone.

I wonder if 6 days per week in the gym counts as overtraining?
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to this... I would say its since I started weight training....its nice to know its not just me!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Completely the other way around! Less pounds has TOTALLY amped up my drive!
  • lvng_lf
    lvng_lf Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    try eating foods that have a historical label of inducing an aphrodisiac effect like oysters and clams. I'm sure there's more if you google it.

I think we eliminate certain foods (like mood enhancing Sugar:) and it does have an effect on our chemical balances in our body.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    hmm, it's different for me, i feel the ommmph much more. my wife starts to ask crazy questions like, why is that my performance is better? why am i too horny?

as for diet, i'm always high in protein and cycle the low/high carb. reduce sugar. good exercise and make sure i'm well rested. maybe your missing something which might cause your weight lose with negative effect.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options

But that testosterone will fuel muscle growth not libido.
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Same here. My drive has bottomed out since I started working out and loosing weight. I don't understand it either! =(

me too! and i'm losing more hair than ever!