Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump:wink:
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten back my calories EVER

Proof it works

Ive lost 7lbs since Feb 3rd 2012 to today =)

Agree. I only eat them back if I am maintaining
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I eat most of them back (some days a little more), I've lost 13.5 lbs in less than a month. This has made me a believer in eating them bacl, and in spiking calories. It works for me. When I tried staying at 1200, and burning 600-700 a day on the elliptical, I had a day when I almost passed out during my workout. It scared me straight! Netting such a low number of calories is not good for me. Just my experience.
    Edit to add: I started out at 192, with a goal weight of 145. The weight is falling off fast, and the only thing I can attribute it to is a clean diet (though I have my moments with chocolate or the random cookie), and a goal of an hour of cardio 6 days a week and strength training with heavy weights a few times a week. I don't always make my goals, but usually do. Eating back the exercise calories seems to be the thing that is signalling my body to drop the weight though, plus varying calories somewhat to keep my body guessing. Dunno, but it works for me.
  • mdawson2112
    mdawson2112 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the great replies!
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do not eat the exercise calories. If I do, I do not lose weight. I want to lose not maintain, so when I do not eat them I lose. I eat around 1300-1500 calories per week and lose about a pount, which is fine for me,
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten back my calories EVER

Proof it works

Ive lost 7lbs since Feb 3rd 2012 to today =)

Agree. I only eat them back if I am maintaining

Agree also, reason im trying to lose I eat what i have to and not eat back my workout cals
    its the way to go =)