Let's talk about cosmetic tattooing...

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
who's done it? and do you now look clowny?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Is there non-cosmetic tattooing?
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Is there non-cosmetic tattooing?

Meaning your face... i'm looking to get a new set of eyebrows *LOL*
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Too bad they didn't have a Groucho smiley! I luv his eyebrows! hee hee
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    My MIL had eyeliner & lipliner done. But it wasn't anything extreme, thin eyeliner on upper lids only and a lipshade not too much darker than a neutral pink. It faded after a couple of years but I think her's turned out pretty good. Not sure I've seen any natural looking tattooed eyebrows. Though if there is such a thing, I'd consider it. Mine are thin, fine and pale.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I just think its a bad idea, its a very harsh look...
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My mom has her brows done. Over the years it has faded to a slightly greenish tint..I think she needs a touch up or something. I would never do something like that myself.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Groucho! It is a good look.

I'm missing about 1/4 of an inch of my left eyebrow due to an accident & extensive head trauma.

I have to have plastic surgery in a couple of weeks that will cause 1/4 inch of eyebrow to also be missing from my right eyebrow.

The plastic surgeon is recommending I get them tattooed (sp?) by an artist he works closely with rather than continuing to fill them in every day of my life. But I'm hesitant...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Yeah, I don't want green eyebrows, yo...
  • TomRiddleIsDead
    TomRiddleIsDead Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can always do a trail run with liquid liner, henna, etc.
    Tattoos need regular touch ups. The sun will fade them, so when they're in a spot that receives a lot of light they will fade faster.

There's no rush. Wait until after surgery and decide. There's nothing worse than poorly done eyebrows that are permanently like that.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have my eyeliner tattooed on, I went for the second and final treatment just over a week ago and I'm so happy with it. :love: It doesn't look harsh, it makes me look like I have thicker eyelashes and a teeny bit of eyeliner on. However, my mum had hers done and refuses to go back because it hurt so much and she's irritated that it's not finished (it requires two treatments). So hers isn't a success.

I'd also ask to see photos of the tattoists previous work before choosing them. There are so many crappy ones out there, and it's on your face! See lots of pictures or see if your friends know anyone who's had good results.