PB2 Order received - Your favorite recipe?

Options

Replies

• Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    their website has some pretty tasty looking pancakes in the recipe section
  • chefanie85
    Options
    This is the first time I've heard of this, and I think it's absolutely brilliant! Might have to order some.
  • SarahDWalker26
    SarahDWalker26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was sooo excited when I found this at a local pharmacy.. I got home mixed some up ( with just h20) and it was NASTY!!!! Am I doing something wrong??
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this mixed in my double chocolate protein shake. It's a good amount of PB flavor for 45 calories and I think it is 5g protein. Delicious! I agree about the shaker top observation. I think I am going to get a spice jar and put some in there to sprinkle over bananas or pancakes or oatmeal, etc.

Thanks for all the ideas on how to use it.
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was sooo excited when I found this at a local pharmacy.. I got home mixed some up ( with just h20) and it was NASTY!!!! Am I doing something wrong??

I don't really like the taste of it either, but it's good if you put it in recipes....alone I agree NASTY!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options

I think my next mission with it is to try and make a savory low-fat peanut sauce (for stir fry).

Oooooh...great idea!!

I absolutely agree! I would LOVE to make a chicken in peanut sauce recipe from this. If you figure it out, would you please post it?

Michele - Thanks for the apple info.

Hmmm... hadn't even considered oatmeal. I do steel cut oats in the crockpot overnight. I am thinking this would be an amazing option, especially if I used the PB2 Chocolate. Thanks for the idea!

I use this recipe and sub PB2 for The other peanut butter to make the Asian Peanut Noodles with chicken, then I make a side order of PB2 for dipping. Yummy. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/asian-peanut-noodles-with-chicken.html
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    They have recipes on their site.
    I also love it in a protein shake, vanilla or chocolate.
    Or I mix it into plain Fage yogurt with cocoa powder.
  • ara005
    ara005 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i cup up bananas and freeze them, then put them in my vita mix blender along with chocolate pb2 to make ice cream! seriously tastes just like frozen yogurt!
  • Lolamako
    Lolamako Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love to mix it up with a dash of Ideal sweetener and a couple of pinches of cinnamon. For all those who dislike it, how thick/thin are you mixing it? I made some too thin by mistake, I usually just eyeball the amount of water, and it was FOUL, just horrid. So, mix it up super super dry/thick if you haven't been.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I think the PB2 is too expensive and was loving Trader Joe's peanut flour when they carried that. I recently found and purchased some peanut flour from iherb.com $9 for 2 lbs, and free shipping on orders over $20.

I like putting it in smoothies as well as adding it to muffins and other baked good type things. I also make my own versions of these two recipes:

http://heathereatsalmondbutter.com/recipes/maple-nut-oaties/

http://smoothiegirleatstoo.blogspot.com/2010/11/moist-low-calorie-microwave-protein.html
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I love that we have a local grocery store that stocks it.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options

I don't really like the taste of it either, but it's good if you put it in recipes....alone I agree NASTY!

I don't like it mixed, I prefer normal PB. If you have a recipe that needs peanut butter though it is great.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes, shakes, oatmeal, peanut sauce and I dip bananas in it like the apple....very yummy! Amazon.com is the easiest way to get it.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    HOLY *kitten*!! I didn't even know that existed!!! THANKS!
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bumping for later....thanks.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I had to make dessert for a party so I made a PB2 cream pie. It was the hit of the party!

1 graham cracker crust
    1/2 cup PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
    1 4-serving package Kraft Jello-o Brand Fat Free Sugar Free Pudding, Vanilla or White Chocolate
    1 4-serving package Kraft Jello-o Brand Fat Free Sugar Free Pudding, Chocolate
    3 cups nonfat milk, divided

Mix PB2, vanilla or white chocolate pudding mix, and 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk well. Immediately pour mixture over graham cracker crust. Mix chocolate pudding mix with remaining 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk. Pour carefully over peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate for at least three hours before serving.

i like it in protein shakes too never tried it in oatmeal..but this recipe sounds like my next thing to try with the pb2..sounds great
  • jennifer127
    Options
    BUMP
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    what is it and where do you get it?
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Can't get it in the UK and ireland, even Amazon.com won't ship it here, waaaaa! :sad: