stronglifts 3 week nsv pic

Options
Troy67
Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
Hey everyone. Just started stronglifts 3 weeks ago today. Have lost 166 pounds as you know if you have seen my posts. Now starting to build lean muscle to replace all of the flab/skin, etc. My arms had zero definition just 3 weeks ago. The rest of my upper body is noticeably better too, but am not taking any shirtless pics any time soon. lol A lot more work to be done for sure.

photo.jpg

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Troy. Great work!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Delightful. Great job.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    wow that is fantastic your arms look great. You are giving me hope thank you
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Great job! Careful though, you get any stronger you'll be setting off the lunk alarms.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I wish I could show my friend this........she needs to lose at least as much as you did. I would love her to see your success! OUTSTANDING JOB!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Great job! Careful though, you get any stronger you'll be setting off the lunk alarms.

lol this
  • Troy67
    Options

This is for sure. I work out at Planet Fitness and they definitely have that lunk alarm siren. Haha
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome work!!
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, Troy! :drinker: Woohoo!!!
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep at it.. :D
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    stronglifts is a good 5x5 starter program.

I noticed you said planet fitness... are you doing it with a barbell, or are you trying to do squats on a smith machine?
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You must be totally psyched!! I'm thrilled for you!:bigsmile:
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options

I noticed you said planet fitness... are you doing it with a barbell, or are you trying to do squats on a smith machine?

LOL ^^
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You look great.. and those are some hot looking arms! Very inspirational.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Looking good, man. Congrats on your success and kudos on going for SL 5x5. I've found it to be an excellent program.
  • Troy67
    Options

Unfortunately on their Smith machine. In a few months I am moving to OHIO and I am going to buy my own squat rack, bench, free weights, etc. when I get there. Don't want to buy more stuff now and have to move it. Until then I am just making do.
  • MrDude_1
    Options

LOL ^^

do a couple same weight squats off the machine, then laugh. ;)
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Unfortunately on their Smith machine. In a few months I am moving to OHIO and I am going to buy my own squat rack, bench, free weights, etc. when I get there. Don't want to buy more stuff now and have to move it. Until then I am just making do.

very good plan. If you watch craigslist carefully, you can usually score weights for much cheaper then you can buy them...

nothing wrong with making do.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    looking mighty fine! :bigsmile:
  • Troy67
    Options

LOL ^^

do a couple same weight squats off the machine, then laugh. ;)

Yeah I know from reading on the stronglifts website I will have to back down in weight quite a bit with no machine. Oh well, as long as it's for a good cause. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!