Walk Away the Pounds Leslie Sansone

Options
Is anyone else following her videos? I'm such a wimp. I'm on the easiest one and can only go for 11 mins. :frown: I ordered 3 more to make it a little bit more interesting. I'm interested in anyone who would like to follow along with me in doing her workouts.

Replies

• floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Anybody?
  • dnewton123
    Options
    I'm following her. I do her 5 mile walk...add me as a friend if you like
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've done it before with my mom. Start slow and see if you can get through the first mile and 2 mile then when you've gotten comfortable with both go on to mile 3 etc
  • catwalking
    Options
    I've been walking with Leslie for years. Now I generally walk 3 miles in the morning and then 2 miles later in the afternoon.
    It takes a while to build up some stamina so take your time.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I do them off and on for years. I usually use them when I can't get out or just don't feel like doing anything else. I do the 4-5 mile walks, and the newer ones are more fun, better music, but ultimately they are all the same movements.
  • millikenhomeschool
    Options
    I use them quite often. But, I decided to do the 30 day shred for a month. I like Leslie because it is more than just walking, and yet, it can get boring.
  • JVWard98
    JVWard98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love her stuff! I'm a faithful member of her Club and walker. I have a whole library of her DVDs lol She is the best. I generally do 4 miles but on the days like tonight where I didnt have much time after work I do anywhere from 2 to 3 miles. My days off and weekends are when I seems to get the 4 and 5 miles in.

Let me know if you have any questions on her DVD's, I probably have them lol
  • Heevenlee
    Options
    I also do them add mme if you would like
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    It is fun! I thought it would be lame, I like her attitude and to me thats important in a workout video. I added a little more intensity to mine i think i did the 3 mile dvd, its not as easy going as it sounds! I would like to do a different dvd though-
  • Skeeweesummer98
    Skeeweesummer98 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a number of her DVD's and some of her VHS. They have really come in handy since I injured my knee and have not been in the gym. Her workouts are excellent. Just take your time and do what you can, you will be able to build yourself up over time.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I do them when I don't feel like doing an intense workout. I usually do the 4-5 mile walks. It's not often but I do them once and a while, they can get a little boring but it get's the job done and they work!
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Right now, Leslie is the only thing I use for my exercise. It was something that I could do that wasn't so high impact without so many dance moves to learn. I am enjoying them and feel very encouraged because I'm getting some exercise and burning calories.

I would love to be your walking buddy. You can add me.
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I have lupus and some difficlty with my joints so WALK has been a Godsend. I have increased to the 1 mile, then added part of the second, eventually adding the 3rd. Unfortunately, I cannot do it daily so it is hit or miss with me, but I LOVE HER VIDEOS!! Good Luck!!
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    I have the one and two mile, Christian music edition. I don't do it every day, but try to mix her in with the Wii, Kinect, Zumba. I can do 2 miles, but that's about as far as I've gone with Leslie!!
  • dayhadley
    Options
    I've done these work-outs on and off for a few years. Bottom line is... it takes awhile to build stamina to last longer. You'll find that even the 3-mile won't seem like too much of a challenge in the future. It's ok to start slow and work your way up. I go back and forth with other dvd's, like P-90 or even play Kinect Adventures (Reflex Ridge, my favorite) to change it up a bit. You'll want to keep it interesting for sure. Good luck!
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do them every other day, anyone feel free to add me.
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've been using Leslie Sansone dvd's since September, and I love them. I tried to do Jillian Michaels 30Day Shred but I just can't do it because of my bad knees. I have about half dozen of Leslie's videos. I started out doing 1 or 2 miles at a time to work myself into doing more miles building up my stamina. I now can do her 5 mile dvd's with no problems at all now, goes by so quickly for me!!!

Add me if you like!

Let's walk the walk!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I do them too when I need a change or just need something to keep me engaged while I exercise. I also walk, ride a bike and do yoga. Just so you know, I started doing them a little over a month ago and I also found them difficult. What I did find helped was not to stop completely when I got tired, I would just rest a minute or two and pick it back up - wasn't long before I didn't have to do that anymore. I decided I wanted to make a goal of going hiking (I live in Arizona and we have beautiful trails all over the place) and started doing that with my husband 2 weeks ago. Last weekend I hiked for 6 hours!!! You CAN do this!!! By the way, we are also about the same weight and goal weight : ) You can add me as a friend if you would like - I would be glad to have someone else for accountability and will be glad to help you too!

My profile pic is from my hike last weekend (the Ford Canyon Trail -White Tanks regional park)
  • tlbates
    tlbates Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the 5 mile walk---and it is tuff!!! I have to take a 5 minute break between mile 3 & 4...lol! Just started yesterday and was sore today...but just finished another 5 miles. just wondering if anyone knows how to track exercise/calorie burn from the videos. Also feel free to add me....i will try to keep you motived.
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I LOVE HER VIDEOS! they have helpe me over the yrs!