Are you honest with your food diary?

Options

Replies

• acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Everything I ingest, I track - down to gum, MiO, and my daily vitamin.
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes, I track EVERY SINGLE THING as best I can. If I pop a single M&M, I log it!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I track everything, with the exception of when I drink & end up getting the drunk munchies. On drinking nights I'll submit my entry after dinner & write in my notes that it's a drinking night; therefore, I'm going to end up being over on my food. But except for drinking nights everything gets tracked.
  • Alphawolf02
    Options
    I try and track everything. I saw a post a while ago that had the best way of putting it: "If I bite it, I write it!" I love that saying and, whenever I think I am not going to put something in my diary because I don't want to go over my calories, I remember that saying, and plan to do better the next day.
  • Prek2005
    Options
    I track everything I eat on MRP as well. My calorie range is between 1200 to 1500 calories per day, but MFP limits me to 1430 so I try and stay under 1430.
  • deeva2266
    deeva2266 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I track everything except spices. For me to stay on track it is important to log it and review it daily.
  • HM1971
    HM1971 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I sometimes font track a little bite of this or that......but most days I have 600-900 calories left over after exercise, so a teeny bite of cookie or cake wont even put me close.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i enter everything, thats the whole point of a diary, if i have a meltdown i can see how it screwed up my whole day. its to help you, not to impress other people with your choices
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Nearly everything. I tend to not include spices.. like one or two others, if by the end of the day I have a ton of leftover calories, I may get a slice of cheese or something and not track it (mostly because I forget to) , but if that slice of cheese turns to two or a mini sandwich or something, then I will head straight to the computer and track it. If I don't track something, it is mostly because I forget, which is why I try to log everything almost right after I eat it. I have a terrible memory.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I track as close to perfect s I can..occassionly may over estimate my peanut butter would rather be over than under and don't put quite all my spices and rarely forget something tiny like a fortune cookie.
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not everything - I don't think I ever legged this 50g of blueberries I add to the muesli or few carrot sticks.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    hahah...if you go back and look at my Superbowl day, you will see that I consumed about 4000 calories. So yes, I try to be honest and accountable for all my actions, good days and bad. I also like to add to the food notes what was going on that day, as it helps to see what the triggers were...being festive, feeling pressured, stressful day, emotional and etc.
  • hockeymomofbensam
    Options
    I track absolutey everything, all the time. Guilt free here!
  • meganlee90
    Options
    yes i am! seeing's as I just ate 900 calories worth of Pablo's Mexican Grill.. but chicken quesadilla.. i started and couldnt stop..i havent gone over my calories by much at all.. so one day won't hurt!
  • EoinMag
    EoinMag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    To be frank, if you're tracking everything then the concept of a "cheat day" becomes a nonsense. I'm not cheating if I eat more and then do more excercise in the evening to make up for it. I have a cross trainer setup in the living room so I can keep my calory account in check whenever I want to.
    I suppose not everyone has that ability, but the idea of "cheating" sounds so silly to me. My wife told me she wasn't logging the other day because it was mothers day and she was eating cake, but I just said, track everything because then you know over a week what you need to make back..simple.
    I'm getting results the way I'm doing it, it's hard work but I like my food, but I'm also getting to love my excercise.
  • emeraldowl
    emeraldowl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I track all of the items I eat with the exception of chewing gum, vitamins and some spices. I do track condiments though as they tend to be high sodium and sugar. I try and keep a 100cal buffer zone each day for things like this.
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I track each and every bit!
    Every teeny tiny bit of anything..
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yep every thing that crosses my lips. Right down to that measured out teaspoon of ketchup on my burger.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I track everything, but I don't lose weight in a nice linear fashion. I was just complaining on my feed that I haven't lost in 5 weeks, although my clothes fit differently and I can see changes in my thighs, arms, and abs. The scale will (hopefully) catch up although my shape is the most important thing at this point in my journey. So even days where I eat 5 different kinds of sweets or go over on sodium by 2000mg, I log it...yes I do. Because I graph it all and calculate where I SHOULD be vs where I actually am, so that would be rather pointless if the calorie count was incomplete and inaccurate.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i have issues not only getting on to track but i dont do the cooking so i dont know what are in most of my dinners which is the bigest meal of the day so any segetions.