• mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use this as sort of a guide as I don't have a HRM
    http://caloriecount.about.com/activities-walking-ac17
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I love Walk. I do the 5 mile daily along with some other Dvds. I like it because I get my 10,000 steps in a day..Add me if you like.
  • BBoros
    BBoros Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My Daughter and I started doing those. I only made it 15 mins and huffin and puffin...

add me as a friend if u want.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have done her tapes for awhile when the weather is not good where I live-my problem is consistency ( I lack that) but I like her tapes as they are not very high impact . You can begin slowly and progress up from the lowest level on up. Feel free to add me as your walking buddy if you like. You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the 5 mile walk---and it is tuff!!! I have to take a 5 minute break between mile 3 & 4...lol! Just started yesterday and was sore today...but just finished another 5 miles. just wondering if anyone knows how to track exercise/calorie burn from the videos. Also feel free to add me....i will try to keep you motived.

According to Leslie Sansone's website, you burn approximately 100 calories per mile with out boosters and 125 -150 with boosters. Here's her website that talks about it: http://www.walkathome.com/exercise/calorie-burn-per-mile/
  • tammy510
    Options
    Love them, she has new ones with the exercise bands on QVC, since using them for 3 weeks, my muscle weight at the doctors was up 2 lbs!!! I didn't even gain that much muscle at the gym!!!
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use to do it, but I stopped. I am doing the 30DS but after that, I think I will be starting again. You can add me if you want. I think I will be starting it next week?
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like - I am pregnant and have been on restrictions for activity for over a month now, but I'm finally being allowed to do low-impact exercise and I'm planning on breaking out my video starting tomorrow!
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've been doing her "Walk at home" program that has 4 different work outs to choose from. My favourite is the "walk and kick." the "walk and jog" still kicks my butt but that's from physical limitations. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the 5 mile dvd.Sometimes I do just a couple miles sometimes I do all 5.
  • wendyt77
    wendyt77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    These are my favourite DVD's to do. I have been doing them for years now. I usually do 3 miles on weekdays & 5 miles on the weekend. Add me if you like.
  • pittures
    pittures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    here's the link to a group on here if you're interested

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home
  • lalahawley
    lalahawley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you'd like!! I bought her 1 & 2 mile DVD and then the 3 mile one. Haven't got past the 1 mile walk, but when my gout isn't acting up and I can actually walk...I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I do them when I need something not quite as intense. My 14 year old daughter will do the 4 mile walk too.
  • unsivilized6
    unsivilized6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the first time ever I've been able to complete one of her work-outs... usually 5 minutes in, I'd give up. Having built up stamina over the past month allowed me to reach this first goal. Don't give up. Do what you can and then do a little more the next time.
  • PattyfromOz
    Options
    My daughter gave me her video for Xmas, and I did not open it until she asked me if I had tried it....Istarted off with the 1 mile and now I am up to the 4 mile....Love them.....Love those walkers.....Newbie here...
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    There is a board on this site that does Leslie Sansone Walk Challenges every month. Here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/474393-swat-february-walk-with-leslie-sansone-workouts

Also there are other boards that do monthly walk challenges, but not necessarily Leslie Sansone. I have found these very motivating.
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    Love her videos!
  • csym1
    csym1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Love her videos and they do work! maybe you just need a partner- I have found that to be quite inspiring! Good Luck!!
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about trying them and after reading these comments I will be adding them to my Netflix queue.