Practical skin care

Options
1a1a
1a1a Posts: 761 Member
Somewhere along the line I decided I didn't buy into this make-up lark, and so, I also never bothered to 'care for my skin'. Subsequently, aged 25, I'm trimming up finally (losing that weight) but I already have little crows feet around my eyes (too much smiling by far). Perhaps, I start to think, it wouldn't just be pure vanity to start considering caring for my skin, I care for the insides of my body, why not make moves to keep the outsides in good nick?!

But, I know nothing of skin care, just the advertising and hype of anti-aging miracle creams (which I am not keen on). Would some lovely forum members tell me please, what practical things can I do to care for my face? No miracles, just maintenance.

Replies

• RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I actually just posted on another skin thread! here is my mini routine:

Peter Thomas Roth face wash - it clears up acne while erasing fine lines
    Clarisonic Mia - If you don't have one, I suggest buying one as soon as possible. It is like having a facial everyday.
    Cetaphil SPF face lotion - I like it for everyday use, simple and good for the everyday
    Boscia Night Cream - perfect for post shower winter dry skin revival
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i have a guy friend who give the BEST facials. ;)
  • ErinsAvon
    ErinsAvon Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use a full regimen now that I am in my 30's, but in my 20's I started with an Eye Cream and Moisturizer. Only use acne items if you really need it. I foaming face wash will usually clear up most blemishes if you haven't been using anything regularly.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Up until this point in time, I haven't used soap on my face, it dries it out and makes it feel horrible....(there are a few pimples but they can stay eh heh, not hurting anyone). Any recommendations of what to look for in eye creams and moisturizers?

I'll look into those products you mentioned 55topretty, cheers.
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    I love Oil of Olay products. My mother uses them and now I use them. They are, imho, by far the best products for the best prices.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Lancome is my fave by far! My daily routine (morning and night) is below along with the products I use. The products aren't cheap but totally worth it. They rock!

Eau Fraiche Douce (Makeup Remover/Clenser in one that you put on a cotton ball and don't have to rinse off, very quick with no chemical smell like toner has)
    Visionnaire (advanced skin corrector creme that smells AMAZING)
    Genifique (Youth Activating Concentrate - love this stuff)
    High Resolution Refill - 3x (anti wrinkle creme that smells okay but does amazing things for my crowsfeet and forehead wrinkles)

Hope this helps or gives you ideas. You can get free samples at the lancome counter too.

I am looking for a good toner to use weekly if anyone has one they like can you pm it to me? Thanks.
  • ErinsAvon
    ErinsAvon Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am biased, as my username implies.... I have used Avon Anew for 10 year, and have only been selling for 2. I only started selling the products because I love they regimens..... For your age group I would highly recommend the Rejuvenate Line(blue). Way cheaper than Department stores, and higher quality and price comparable to Drug Store brands. Along with 100% money back Guarantee you can't go wrong. Anew is currently celebrating there 20 year anniversary so Avon is offering a lot of great deals, and price cuts. You can get the 2 week starter kit, which comes with a full size Eye cream, for only $20! Details below.

A $58 value! The REJUVENATE skin care regimen…now in a 4-piece starter kit! Reduces the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles in just 3 days. The 3-step regimen includes:
    STEP 1 – Cleanse with the 2-in-1 Gel Cleanser Try-It Size. Innovative 2-in-1 gel formula deep-cleans and tones, as it rejuvenates fatigued-looking skin. Formulated with a fusion of pioneering technologies -- Exfo-Smoothing Complex, MiniExtraction Technology and RevitaFresh Technology – inspired by a professional anti-aging facial. Instantly, leaves skin looking and feeling clean, toned, and refreshed. With continued use, improves skin texture and makes pores look tighter. Visibly reduces lines and other signs of aging to reveal fresh, younger-looking skin. Oil-free. Dermatologist-tested. Allergy-tested. 1.7 fl. oz.

STEP 2 – Moisturize with the Day Cream SPF 25 Try-It Size in the morning, and Night Cream Try-It Size in the evening. Each, .5 fl. oz.

STEP 3 – Treat with the 24 Hour Eye Moisturizer with SPF 25. Use AM and PM on eyelids and undereye areas. Day Eye Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 25 UVA/UVB scientifically designed to reduce undereye circles and protect against UVA/UVB damage to sensitive lid & undereye areas. Night Eye Cream specially formulated to visibly reduce undereye puffiness and smooth the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles. .33 total fl. oz.
  • jennyarnol
    Options
    I would suggest that you should give more priorities to home remedies for a proper skin care. You can Mix one teaspoonful of honey, one teaspoon of lemon juice and a half cup of water. Massage into your skin after bathing. It is give you some extra glow and fairness.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    To quote Baz Luhrmann, trust me on the sunscreen.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I love Oil of Olay products. My mother uses them and now I use them. They are, imho, by far the best products for the best prices.

This was the only product my grandmother ever used. She passed away at 80 years old and had beautiful skin
    I would suggest that you should give more priorities to home remedies for a proper skin care. You can Mix one teaspoonful of honey, one teaspoon of lemon juice and a half cup of water. Massage into your skin after bathing. It is give you some extra glow and fairness.

Thanks for the info. I went to the dermatologist yesterday because I have been breaking out a lot lately. My insurance won't cover what she prescribed because I am over the age of 29. I was thinking natural remedies might be the better way to go anyway.