Name your " I GOT THIS! " moment...

Options
2»

Replies

• jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    My husband and I were bought new furniture and before I would either sit and watch him carry it in or we would call someone to help him, but I helped and I moved things I never thought I could help move before. I was gonna sit out like all the times before but I had that feeling of "I got this."

It made me smile, it was a tiny accomplishment.
    Even the tiniest accomplishment is a VICTORY!
    Btw, I LOVE your ticker quote...so important to remember!
  • jwerman
    Options
    When I realized I would walk up stairs and still talk without gasping for air.

When I ran my first mile, and 2nd mile, and 3rd mile without stopping.

When I finished those 3 miles in under 30 minutes.

When I got the letter from my health insurance company saying I qualified for the 'premium' insurance.

When my 19yr old son said I was now one of the "hot moms" of his group of friends (grudgingly, mind you).
    HECK YA! To ALL of this!! ^^ WTG! And Congrats on 99lbs gone!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options

Thanks! I'm almost to my goal :)
  • jwerman
    Options

Thanks! I'm almost to my goal :)
    You are an inspiration!! I'm working my way towards 91 or so pounds gone (almost 70lbs gone so far), and seeing your progress just reinforces the fact that it IS possible! Best wishes!:flowerforyou:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!! I'm working my way towards 91 or so pounds gone (almost 70lbs gone so far), and seeing your progress just reinforces the fact that it IS possible! Best wishes!:flowerforyou:

Shucks, thanks :blushing: Congrats to you, too. I KNOW how hard you worked for that 70 pounds.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    On a recent visit back to my college campus, I darted up the four flights of stairs that it took to get to the very top floor, and still wasn't COMPLETELY out of breath. At one point I couldn't walk two of those flights without breaking into a sweat and needing air.

I once bought a size 16 pair of jeans and didn't have the luxury of trying them on since I was being rushed. When I returned to my dorm some time later, I realized that they didn't even pull up past my hips. Disappointed, I threw them in the foot locker. Fast-forward to 2011, when I'm in the earlier stages of my journey. I recall the jeans that have gone untouched and try them on. They pull up and actually button. Months later, I try them on again only to have them sag off of me.

When I looked down and could see my shoes instead of belly.

When I went to a family get together (I don't regularly attend them. I see them only on certain holidays). Every single cousin, aunt, and uncle commented about how good I looked and even cheered me on. Much better than the things I used to hear them say via gossiping.
  • jwerman
    Options

Shucks, thanks :blushing: Congrats to you, too. I KNOW how hard you worked for that 70 pounds.
    Thanks!
    :wink: FOR SURE! There is no magic pill or secret...it's just hardwork and dedication. Once you've decided you're gonna do this and make changes for LIFE...you will succeed!
  • jwerman
    Options
    On a recent visit back to my college campus, I darted up the four flights of stairs that it took to get to the very top floor, and still wasn't COMPLETELY out of breath. At one point I couldn't walk two of those flights without breaking into a sweat and needing air.

I once bought a size 16 pair of jeans and didn't have the luxury of trying them on since I was being rushed. When I returned to my dorm some time later, I realized that they didn't even pull up past my hips. Disappointed, I threw them in the foot locker. Fast-forward to 2011, when I'm in the earlier stages of my journey. I recall the jeans that have gone untouched and try them on. They pull up and actually button. Months later, I try them on again only to have them sag off of me.

When I looked down and could see my shoes instead of belly.

When I went to a family get together (I don't regularly attend them. I see them only on certain holidays). Every single cousin, aunt, and uncle commented about how good I looked and even cheered me on. Much better than the things I used to hear them say via gossiping.
    Pure AWESOMENESS!! ^^ Congrats on 84lbs gone!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Where do I start?

Several weeks ago, I climbed up the stairs at work and realized that I wasn't out of breath at the top.

Last week, I was the girl in spin class the instructor pointed out to show good form! :)

Yesterday, I wore an entire outfit that I haven't been able to wear since before my daughter was born (3.5 years ago.....)

I'm on a roll & I'm not stopping!! :)
  • SandyChampWins
    SandyChampWins Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When I could climb 2 flights of stairs without taking a break inbetween!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks!
    I can do squats and not think my legs are going to fall off!
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    When I hit 142 floors at level 5 on the Stairmaster on Sunday and didn't collapse from pain ... even though I was already sore as hell from my first ever strength training session the day before. Then I went home and made dim sum. :laugh:
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nanita02
    Options
    Wow I can relate the first time I looked at my body, and it was nothing like I saw in my dreams, thoughts, mind!!
    I hate everything I see right now.. From head to toe! Need to act n persist. No time to quit!
    Stairs so painful my knees are shot!!! My back, my esteem.
    Feel so unworthy of my husband. He looks at me like I'm the most perfect thing that's walked the planet!?
    Don't lke getting dressed up, can't find a bra I love. Rather be home locked up.
    Can barely walk my loyal jack Russell... gosh I could go on, but feel you will agree I'm a loser!
    I have diabetes, lupus, fibromyalgia etc, etc, etc. chronic fatigue so easy to shut in n sleep my life away...
    Problem is, I get up.
  • catherinergrunden
    catherinergrunden Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1. Being able to cross my legs
    2. Finishing my first long run (20 minutes) in Couch to 5K
    3. Finishing my first 5K race several weeks later
    4. Moving my wedding rings from my finger to a necklace because they flew off every time I moved my hand
    5. My own grandma not recognizing me at Thanksgiving
  • jwerman
    Options
    Wanted to comment on each, but fell a little behind...LOL!
    WOW! ALL OF YOU!^^^ WE'VE SO GOT THIS!!! Keep it up!:glasses:
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My foster dog got loose from her leash and took off. I can't remember the last time a dog got loose without me panicking. I ran through the backyards of three houses, then between two houses, then up a street and along a fence, at a pace I would have loved to have counted toward a 5K! Finally, she stopped for a second to sniff and since I was right on her tail, I caught her! Best part, I carried her all the way back... all 42 pounds of her!

Yeah, I was winded, but amazed at my speed and stamina! I was so pleased to have been in shape! She would have been long gone, possibly gotten hurt by a car or something.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    running my 10k daily run and finally hitting single digits!
  • AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Today, actually - I saw abs. Have not seen them since before having my son. Lean, flat tummy abs...sweet!