I sometimes really hate my boyfriend

Options
sooo he leaves pretty much for the day at like 3pm (wakes up at 1:30pm) and knows that I exercise at night...I called and asked him to leave a damn poker game early so that he can be here with the kids so i can go for my nightly jog....this was at 9:00pm ......now its 11:30pm and no sign of him...I am going to be too exhausted to go by the time he decides to come strolling through the d*** door :mad: not to mention i have to get enough sleep in so i can wake up with the kids tomorrow ooooooo I am soooo mad and kind of dissappointed in him because that just means my feelings dont matter

230130.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, that is really frustrating! :explode: My husband is away a lot and if he doesnt consider my needs when he is home I feel really unloved! a short time to exercise alone is not a lot to ask:grumble:

But since you are exercising for yourself not for him, get creative and do an online workout or the abb challenge or tstart the 100 push up challenge:wink: It's times like these that treadmills are good to have around!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    That stinks!

I agree that maybe you could try and find something to do at home with the kids in bed. I have a ton of exercise dvds I do at home. Maybe that could be your back up.
  • Erin_Weiler
    Options
    Not to defend him, but sometimes men lose track of time when they are hanging out in big groups and having a good time. Honestly, my fiance is very good at being anywhere I ask him to be and on time, but if he's hanging out with the boys, I usually get a frantic and apologetic phone call while he's running to his car an hour after he was supposed to be around. But, 2 and a half hours after you asked him to be home is over the line. He may not understand how important your exercise time is to you. You should get a home workout routine going for those times he might not be able to make it home on time. Best of luck getting him to understand how important this is to you!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Not to defend him, but sometimes men lose track of time when they are hanging out in big groups and having a good time. Honestly, my fiance is very good at being anywhere I ask him to be and on time, but if he's hanging out with the boys, I usually get a frantic and apologetic phone call while he's running to his car an hour after he was supposed to be around. But, 2 and a half hours after you asked him to be home is over the line. He may not understand how important your exercise time is to you. You should get a home workout routine going for those times he might not be able to make it home on time. Best of luck getting him to understand how important this is to you!

Well i just called him and asked why the F*** i was calling him if i was going to bed anyway .... it just seemed to make me even more mad....and now im to upset to sleep errr.....

I've tried working out at home but other than strength exercises and the firm (Which to me is strength exercises) I cant do cardio and thats what i mainly want to get in because i have muscle its just covered by some fat....oi im sooooo mad right now...sorry now im rambling =/
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    Exercise DVD's are great, too, because if your body is used to running, it mixes it up a bit and uses different muscle groups, which is great!

I'm sorry about your fella, though. I would try & have a talk with him and stress how important your you-time to exercise is.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Try hiring a neighborhood baby sitter for a backup! Make him pay for it! He will remember when it hits his wallet!
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Try hiring a neighborhood baby sitter for a backup! Make him pay for it! He will remember when it hits his wallet!
    he wouldnt pay for a babysitter...his response would be "well it was so you could go exercise so why dont u pay for it"....
  • czewwhat
    Options
    he wouldnt pay for a babysitter...his response would be "well it was so you could go exercise so why dont u pay for it"....

If he agreed to watch them and then bailed, it should be his responsibility to pay! Or try well it is you who wants to eat, why shouldn't you cook? or try Oh did I forget your underwear in the wash? I didn't wear them you wash them! Check the attitude at the door!
  • alepublicity
    alepublicity Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Men!!! When my Boyfriend is around I have the hardest time working out! he all of a sudden becomes a needy boy!!!

I use DVD Videos I started P90X I am doing the Lean workouts It has lots of cardio stuff!
    I have lost 3.5 inches on my hips and 7 pounds in 5 weeks!

Hope this helps!
  • hasiangirl
    Options

If he agreed to watch them and then bailed, it should be his responsibility to pay! Or try well it is you who wants to eat, why shouldn't you cook? or try Oh did I forget your underwear in the wash? I didn't wear them you wash them! Check the attitude at the door!
    Lol the cooking thing would deffinately work...He can burn water somehow lol ive seen it...and he doesnt do laundry but he just wouldnt wear undies LOL..

oh yea and he didnt even come in until 4:15am:grumble:
  • czewwhat
    Options

Lol the cooking thing would deffinately work...He can burn water somehow lol ive seen it...and he doesnt do laundry but he just wouldnt wear undies LOL..

Tax him, go on strike! no food, no nuthin till he cleans up his act! Have him watch the kids for you, to go to the doctor or some such and don't come home till 3am, what is good got the goose has to be good for the gander!
  • hasiangirl
    Options

Tax him, go on strike! no food, no nuthin till he cleans up his act! Have him watch the kids for you, to go to the doctor or some such and don't come home till 3am, what is good got the goose has to be good for the gander!
    lol i should do that....good idea ... he's a total jerk sometimes and i have not figured out why im still with him other than the fact that he's the father of my children and im hoping one day he decides to grow up
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    My opinion and my opinion only...........

I don't do the whole what's good for the goose is good for the gander...........it is only going to compound issues and make matters worse, and create a new issue........

If you are going to stay with him, you all need some counselling to make him aware of where he is taking you for granted and not taking your wants and needs into consideration..........

Sit him down and talk to him, make him go to counselling..............if none of those work, then it might be time to separate.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    My opinion and my opinion only...........

I don't do the whole what's good for the goose is good for the gander...........it is only going to compound issues and make matters worse, and create a new issue........

If you are going to stay with him, you all need some counselling to make him aware of where he is taking you for granted and not taking your wants and needs into consideration..........

Sit him down and talk to him, make him go to counselling..............if none of those work, then it might be time to separate.

I agree with Lioness, but sometimes you have to crack a mule in the head with a two by four to get its attention! :laugh: :laugh:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    yea....i'm just hoping he grows up eventually is all...my dad always said guys dont truly grow up until theyre 27-28 so that gives him a yr or two and if not imma save up money in the mean time lol :laugh:
  • LosingMoosey
    Options
    52azr4.jpg
  • LosingMoosey
    Options
    Sorry, that was meant to be a post of a RED FLAG.

Sounds like he is being a jerk.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    52azr4.jpg

dying to know, what is the pic of?
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    yea....i'm just hoping he grows up eventually is all...my dad always said guys dont truly grow up until theyre 27-28 so that gives him a yr or two and if not imma save up money in the mean time lol :laugh:

My dad and my uncles (my dad's brothers) have all said men don't REALLY grow up until they are in their late 40s and that's only if they allow themselves to grow up. Sometimes men can be great fathers but lousy BFs/husbands; they just never get that understanding of what it takes to be in a relationship. I agree that you should have a back up plan for times like this (videos or online workouts). However if there are more times like this than not it may be time for you to re-evaluate your relationship and whether or not it would be beneficial for you to stay in this relationship.
  • hasiangirl
    Options

My dad and my uncles (my dad's brothers) have all said men don't REALLY grow up until they are in their late 40s and that's only if they allow themselves to grow up. Sometimes men can be great fathers but lousy BFs/husbands; they just never get that understanding of what it takes to be in a relationship. I agree that you should have a back up plan for times like this (videos or online workouts). However if there are more times like this than not it may be time for you to re-evaluate your relationship and whether or not it would be beneficial for you to stay in this relationship.

oh geeze 40's?!!?:noway: lol and he isnt being a good father or boyfriend right now and ive talked with him many a times about being a better father...right now im just getting a back up plan though before i make any rash decisions