Almost at 40lbs - I'll show you the last 30.

Options
I don't have a picture that is recent (since January), but I'm a pound away from 40, which is over halfway of my 1st goal. My goal is about 75lbs, see how I feel, then maybe drop to 100-125. My exercise has picked up a lot lately, so my body shape has changed.

Started 9/10/11 - this is a picture of that weekend at my start weight of 274 (I'm 5'5"):
274.jpg

This is at a bridal shower on 9/24/11 - I'd already lost 7lbs by then:
7lbs+down.png

I started losing weight for many reasons. The straw on the camel's back was a dress I bought for wedding that didn't fit. Here is me in that dress at that wedding, down 13lbs.:
13lbs+down.png

After 15lbs, the next 15 were pretty easy. Here I am at 22lbs down (Thanksgiving):
22lbs+down.png

And me at Xmas - 30lbs down. This is a bad picture. I'm all hunched over making a stupid face.
30lbs+down.jpg

**UPDATE**
Me today:
IMG_0163.jpg

Side view:
IMG_0166.jpg

Replies

• ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Looking great! :smile:

I got an error message when I tried to pull your last picture up.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Looking great! :smile:

I got an error message when I tried to pull your last picture up.

I saw it too - is it working now? I think I fixed it...
  • cherie886
    Options
    way to go!!!!!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!! I'm the same height as you. :-P I started at 255 and a month in, I lost about 7lbs. I thought nothing of it but when everyone else notices and then you look at pictures, it's amazing what a few pounds can do. Keep up the awesome work!!! LOOKING GOOD!!! :wink:
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. Way to go, it gives me such inspiration to stay with this and keep going farther!
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    Thanks for encouraging me!! WTG!
  • Whisper93
    Whisper93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your pictures. It gives me inspiration to continue. I was thinking about skipping my workout today, but seeing your progress has encouraged me. I'm off to the gym. Keep up the great work.
  • wendywwhite
    wendywwhite Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    GREAT progress! Amazing results already.
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Howd u do it?
  • ramamax
    Options
    Wow! You should be very proud of yourself what an inspiration! Thanks for sharing.
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    Great job!!
  • john233
    Options
    This is a really good post, i am delighted I came across it, Keep on posting!
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    awesome :) keep up the good work
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me, I am 5'4' and my heaviest was 362, now I am at 330...I want to have pictures like this one day...
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    u r doing a AMAZING job!! WTG!!! I started the end of Oct. & WISHED I could lose weight like u.. I have only lost 22 n 4 months...
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You're doing great keep up the good work.
  • acstansell
    Options
    Howd u do it?

My way of doing this is not like a lot of peoples. I don't cut out anything, I just reduce my portions - if I want pizza and I have the count, I eat pizza. If I want chocolate, I eat it if I can "afford" it.

The first thing I did was cut soda and coffee cold turkey for 14 days straight and up my water intake. Then I slowly reintroduced coffee, cutting back on the sugar and cream I use in it. I added back in 1 soda a week, but now I don't even drink that. I've pulled back a little in carbs, but not really.

For me it's a continuous, conscious effort. I think about food more than I ever did before - how much I take in, how much I put out - substitutions for things I want vs. things that are filler, finding portions and items that will fill me up for longer rather than a quick burn.

My motivation is myself - my husband is not doing this with me, but he is proud that I"m doing it. Every minute is a choice - a conscious decision on taking each an every step and not giving up.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • acstansell
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I look at these pictures, and I'm ashamed I ever let myself get this big and think that it was okay and good for me. I didn't want to put pictures up, but the guy who lost 301 lbs inspired me to put it all out there!

I"m in a size 18 officially now - I bought two pairs of pants in that size that fit!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!