Anyone else feel guilty about eating all their daily calorie

Options
2»

Replies

• familytime
    Options
    If there is guilt to be found, I will "sniff it out" and make it mine. I feel more comfortable "emotionally" if I leave myself a buffer between what I actually eat and what I should eat. I know, it's not good, and I appreciate reading other's posts to help me get my head on straight. I don't have a hard time hitting my limit when I dine out, and funny thing, I don't feel guilty about those calories. But when I eat at home, which is most of the time, I struggle to eat enough calories and feel like I don't deserve them. Odd, I know.
    1163906.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    i took someone else's advice and eat net 1200. This seems to be working.

This is what works for me too. Today I was allowed 2017 cals, earned 617 from exercise. I ate 1832 cals, had 185 left over cause I wasn't hungry anymore so I netted 1215. I've steadily been losing at a healthy rate every week (1-3 pounds).
  • 41degsouth
    Options
    My height (and I guess being male) means my target to lose 1lb/week is to eat 2140 calories net. That'll sound like a lot to someone who is smaller in stature, and it does help in some ways as one cupcake (or whatever) is a smaller percentage of my daily target.

Net of exercise I have often come in 150-250 calories under this, and I'm quite comfortable with that, as I'd quite like to lose 700g/week rather than the 450g/1lb of the target. I don't let it go further than this though. I've had days where a by-chance smaller breakfast and dinner may leave me with over 900 net calories outstanding (“Oh! No wonder I'm so hungry!") and I'll then reduce the deficit to about 250 by eating something else.

The lifestyle argument is the key thing. Trust the target as being what is needed to lead to weight loss, but also eat something that is close enough to your future maintenance intake that you're actually training yourself about what you'll need to eat in the long term. When you have big deficits, you're learning to diet. When you eat at or close to target, you're learning to eat...