what time should you stop eating at night

Options

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    What is the latest time you should eat before bed. I think it should be 2-3 hours before bed. What do you think? :)

I would say ... some time after you fall asleep. otherwise you just can't control the crumbs as well.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when I don't have any calories left...or when I fall asleep, whichever comes first.
  • Nicki1984
    Nicki1984 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was told by my doctor and a dietician you shouldnt eat anything atleast 2 hrs before going to bed
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I was told by my doctor and a dietician you shouldnt eat anything atleast 2 hrs before going to bed

because .... why?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This is why I pretty much have no respect for general doctors and dietitians.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Stop eating whatever time you're no longer hungry.

doesn't matter.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I think you should stop eating while sleeping. That could be dangerous

This is priceless. =)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    When you fall asleep.
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The only time I'd tell somebody to not eat before bed is if it interfered with them getting to sleep. Other than that It really does not matter.

I've had pretty busy days where I've had to down around 1k cals fairly close to going to bed.
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    You shouldn't eat after 8:17 pm EST. That is the cut-off time for which all bad things happen.
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options

because .... why?

acid reflux maybe...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I eat in bed.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    collegehumor.fb79f905251e7bcb174004572689249a.jpg

This a guy aromatherapy thing? Might work!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    They say you simply must not eat a bite after 11:24...in numerology, you add the 1+1+2+4 and you get 8.

and They say if it's after 8 - it's too late!

<personally, i never liked Them, and don't follow what They say, anyway...>
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I, like one other poster, eat in bed, however, once I lay down I must stop eating because I always choke and that's not cool and generally freaks out my dog.
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    This post is hilarious. =)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Eat your calories, whenever you want. If fasting until later in the day allows you to stay within your limits and follow your diet, then have at it. Your results will not be affected.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I prefer to stop eating before going to bed, at least after the last time I spilled spaghetti on my sheets.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat while I'm in bed :) Then I end up getting the itis and falling asleep with food all around me.

Now that I see how dangerous that can be I definitely need to be careful!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You should stop eating at exactly 813pm at night and start eating at 533am in the morning, otherwise you won't burn fat and won't lose weight.