AB CHALLENGE WEEK 2

Options
vanimami
vanimami Posts: 433 Member
Hi all, we're in week 2 of our ab challenge, how's everyone doing so far? :glasses:

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Doing my exercises tonight. :happy:
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm here! Thanks for posting VaniMani - I'm on vacation, and only get to a computer here and there! (not like at home - checking in a hundred times a day!).

Good luck to everyone!
    :flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    So I have decided to be able to do the ab exercises every day, I will cut the amount of reps in half. Then I'll double them again when I get used to the routine.

Instead of doing one exercise continuously, I switch between all of them. I do, like, 10 reps of each and them once I do the 1st 10 reps of all of them, I take a break and rest. I repeat this 2 more times. (If you are doing the normal amount of reps, you would repeat it 4 more times).:glasses:
  • vanimami
    Options
    Ok, I didnit' do them yesterday, but willdo today. I'm taking a break from eating healthy since it is food day and am doing a bit too much splurging :embarassed: But I will work it out later.
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm curious...what is this ab challenge? Do you guys have a series of exercises you do? My belly is the one thing I can never change. I've dropped almost ten pounds since I've started working out, but the belly won't budge (it just bulges). Let me know! I've love to join in if it's not too late!
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    may i join??? what do yall do??
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Monday: I did all of the exercises. I did have to break up the side planks to 10 sec. intervals though.

Tuesday: I was still a little sore so I cut all ot them in half, didn't do the side planks, but did the regular plank twice.

I was just curious if you all are doing them everyday or are you skipping days?
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I'm curious...what is this ab challenge? Do you guys have a series of exercises you do? My belly is the one thing I can never change. I've dropped almost ten pounds since I've started working out, but the belly won't budge (it just bulges). Let me know! I've love to join in if it's not too late!

Welcome! :happy: Here is the original plan:

Regular plank (hold for 30 seconds)
    Side plank - right side (hold for 30 seconds)
    Side plank - left side (hold for 30 seconds)
    100 regular crunches
    50 obliques - right
    50 obliques - left
    50 reverse crunches
    50 alternating bicycles

And I think we're adding 50 leg lifts this week.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I did the second half of my exercises last night. Starting a new set today. It is getting hard, and I think I'm doing the obliques wrong . . . I will have to look them up again. But I've found that listening to music helps.
  • vanimami
    Options
    Ok, I didnt' do them yesterday because I ate like a maniac :embarassed: but will do for sure today. I'm back on track
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Did them Saturday and Yesterday. The side planks were HARD. :grumble:

What are reverse crunches? I did locust instead b/c I wasn't sure what they were. Should work the muscles on the other side too. I also did 50 leg lifts because I wondered if those were reverse crunches, but then I saw something about 50 leg lifts being added......:ohwell:

I'm outta guesses!

Anyway, it's a great ab workout. I can definitely feel it!:tongue:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I'll try to explain the reverse crunches as best I can . . . so when you do a regular crunch, you bring your chest to your knee. When you do a reverse crunch, you bring your knees to your chest. The opposite. Then you lower them back until they're almost touching the ground (but not quite), and then do another rep. I find that these are one of the hardest ab exercises for me.

Can someone please explain to me the exact way to do obliques? Thanks!:smile:

I can feel these exercises working, guys!:bigsmile: My grand bikini entrance is this weekend, and (for once) I'm not afraid.:tongue:
  • vanimami
    Options
    Ok guys, did my abs yesterday after a good run and phew it was feeling good.

OK to do obliques (this is what I do and I could be doing them wrong for all I know :ohwell: )
    You lay on your side and bring your upper body up crunching your side obliques. So, it's like a sit up only on yoru side...does that make sense? :smile:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Okay, I think I understand now. Thanks!:happy:

So is there only a few people left on this challenge? Where is everyone??????????:sad:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I am leaving for a week to go to the beach (I'm telling all the threads that, aren't I?), but I plan to do my ab sessions every day I can. What perfect timing . . . I'm already starting to see results!:bigsmile:

What are some results all of you are seeing? Are the exercises getting easier? Can you hold the planks for longer? Do your abs look stronger????????
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    for people with weaker wrists and finding doing planks too hard - do a modified plank on your elbows. still just as hard, but won't kill your wrists.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    for people with weaker wrists and finding doing planks too hard - do a modified plank on your elbows. still just as hard, but won't kill your wrists.

I've been doing the modified plank . . . I thought it was the regular one.:embarassed: THAT'S why it's been too easy.:tongue:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    LOL!
    I have trouble with my right wrist (cyst between my tendons) and can do the regular plank through a lot of pain. I do notice you get more of a workout through your shoulders when you do it on your hands versus elbow.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Have any of you noticed that one side plank is easier to do than the other? I've found that my right side is stronger than my left side. Is this normal????
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    I was not even able to do it on my right side. Something about the alignment in your back muscles being off?