Ways to eat Tuna?

What are some low cal ways you eat Tuna? Trying to get creative. LOL

Replies

• CW101
    CW101 Posts: 85 Member
    I eat it with chopped celery, 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp fat-free zesty italian dressing.
  • Well obviously there is tuna sashimi. Grilled Tuna is very good which I like to marinade in soy sauce and some herbs like basil and cilantro. If you're talking canned tuna a recipe I made that I really enjoy is tuna curry which I make by cooking onions, garlic, ginger and peppers in olive oil. Then I add the tuna and cook that for a couple minutes then add curry powder and some tomato.
  • katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    I chop up tomatoes, cucumber, snap peas, sometimes i throw in some sprouts.. and then i add some balsamic vinegar! so good.. I usually eat it plain but you can even throw it over a salad
  • i use a fork.. but sometimes i just use my fingers... either way its still low cal.... ;) jk

I Like mine pretty plain... just a little mayo and lots of ground pepper!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Ya, I'm thinking canned tuna. I usually have it with mayo, pickles and onion. Its so much easier to throw together a lunch using tuna, but getting tired of the same thing. :indifferent:
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    It's good mixed with whatever you like and stuffed in a tomato or green pepper.
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Might sound weird but a buddy of mine suggested throwing a dollop of salsa on it and it's great that way, not to mention super fast and easy.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Go to the fish market - get a 4oz steak of Ahi Tuna (Yellow Fin)
    A touch of salt on it - - take some sesame seeds - brown them up.
    Coat the tuna w/ it - sear in a pan for about 45 seconds on each side.
    Slice nice and thin.
    Best tuna you will ever eat.

If you are talking about the stuff in a can - My old standby is a tsp of Miracle whip light, 3 chopped bread and butter pickle slices, mix well - put on wheat toast w/ some lettuce. Ummm...good! Works the same way for chicken in a can as well!
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Might sound weird but a buddy of mine suggested throwing a dollop of salsa on it and it's great that way, not to mention super fast and easy.

I eat mine like this.

Fresh spinach, a low cal tortilla, tomato, low fat cheese, tuna and salsa on top. Yummy!!!
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    TUNA!!! Me loves...could eat it everyday. Just toss it on bread with some relish and low cal mayo. Mmmmmm