Are you a NOMOPHOBE? Chances are you are..........

Options

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Not me. I have an Android phone, but hardly ever use it. It's normaly in the bottom of my bag, needing to be charged up.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I haven't put credit on my phone in about 2 months, and I often leave it at home so I guess I can say NO, I am not.
  • lumberjacks94
    lumberjacks94 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Let me finish up this text and I'll answer this question.....
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I used to, but not now! In fact, I left my phone at home today and didn't care! "D
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    No smart phone,I-phone or any of that....I have an old Nokia flip....talk/text does have a camera that I rarely use.....but I do get antsy if I can't find it.
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just look at how many people have taken their picture with their phone :tongue:
  • Miranda_the_Phoenix
    Options
    I love my smartphone, but I never take it to the gym.

Well...

I take mine and I first "check in" with Foursquare and then I log my weights/reps in Jefit which also has a timer for between sets. Then right before I go home I post on Facebook how my workout rocked, and I see if I got any new emails while working out... :bigsmile:

This is totally me!
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I always have my phone on me (iphone first generation) and it has apps (although I don't use them at all - good thing they're free). I need it to be in contact with my parents. I need to let my dad know when to pick me up after school since I take the bus from school to a few miles from his work. Plus we don't have a hooked up landline. We bought it, but didn't plug it in, it's just to bundle and save on internet and tv - the things we use. We don't even know the number.
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Let me finish up this text and I'll answer this question.....

:laugh:

I do love to text but half the time I have to look for my phone because I forget whether I brought it with me or not. So, sometimes I am, but sometime it doesn't matter. I don't tend to bring it with me to the gym.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Just look at how many people have taken their picture with their phone :tongue:

i took mine with a digital camera! lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    On a side note:

Who here actually knows the phone numbers of your siblings, parents and relatives by heart? If you lost your phone, how would you contact them?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    On a side note:

Who here actually knows the phone numbers of your siblings, parents and relatives by heart? If you lost your phone, how would you contact them?

IDEA Fitness member

I know my husband's cell and desk numbers, my mom's home, cell and office numbers, my dad's cell, my sisters cell phone numbers (one of - one just changed her number that I'll have forever memorized and the other 2 I don't talk to enough), and both of my ex husbands and the one exes wife. I think that's pretty good, considering.
  • sporadica
    Options
    I don't even OWN a phone! Of course, if someone tries to take the internet from me... oh, my life would be over :) And I remember the phone numbers of pretty much anyone who is important to me. Though it sucks when they change it. Takes forever to learn a new one!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i hardly use my phone, but seeing as most people use it to convey important info, i will freak out if i cant find it. o_o
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think there are many more "carbophobes" on this site :P

CARBS?! where?! Im scared :sad: :sad:

someone hold me :(

lmao
  • auddiejo
    Options
    If I could throw my phone away, believe me, I would!!!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    How else would I get on MFP if not for my phone
  • MommaH_78
    MommaH_78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nomophobia is the fear of not having mobile phone contact. So do you freak out if you don't have your phone on you or if you can't locate it? So many rely on their phones and have tons of apps.
    I'm proud to say I'm not. I have a standard phone that just rings and takes messages. No frills.

IDEA Fitness member

i would definetely say my husband is a MAJOR NOMOPHOBE!!!! he can not do anythign without haivng or knowing exactly where his phone is!!! drives me insane sometimes!!
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'll admit it. Looked at my bill and my texts are about 8-10,000 a month :P I sleep with it in my bed next to me

hahaha I sleep with mine next to me too. and yes I have been known to read emails or messages if I wake up in the middle of the night. *sigh*