What healthy peanut butter do you use?

Options

Replies

• rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 for my protein shakes and I love Trader Joe's natural with flax seeds, but nothing beats my Extra Crunchy Jif!! :tongue:
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like Better'n peanut butter (it says all natural, but there are a TON of ingredients)

I also like Peanut Butter & Co "Smooth Operator" (Their version of an all-natural, organic PB)...it has 4 ingredients I believe

The best tasting is NO DOUBT skippy 25% reduced fat :)
  • anta1
    anta1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I would love to make my own but would it be as good spread on toast?
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would marry Teddie Natural Super Chunky if I could.

Just sayin.

^^^This is the only one I use! The unsalted version, only ingredient is peanuts! The awsome thing about it is it's made in the next city over from me.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    They make a low cal, low fat one. It's called Wonder Butter and all it is is made from dehydrated peanuts. It's the same thing they do to lower the fat value in animal feeds and we are animals.
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    Honestly, best peanutty taste ever is to just make your own. It takes no time in one of those little blender thingies and the intense flavour is unreal. :)

Dumb question: how do you make it? Just dump some unsalted peanut in the blender?
  • mangozulu
    mangozulu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Trader Joes Valencia peanut butter with flax seeds:heart:
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I use powdered PB, you mix in a tb;s of water and yummo, I even mix it in with my protein shakes and dubble yummo....it really is good.

Mary
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I use Smuckers Natural PB w/ Honey. It's pretty good!
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I use Trader Joe's Raw Unsalted Almond butter and Chocolate PB2.....
    Better N Butter is a low fat alternative that tastes a little like Mary Jane candy
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Better n Peanut Butter - 85% less fat and 50% fewer cals
    Soooo good!
    Made a peanut sauce with it from a recipe on Skinnytaste.com and it was fabulous

^^^^THIS^^^^
    They also make a low sodium one. I tried it at my mother-in -law's (to be) and it is sooooo Yum! Right now I have Jif Natural low sodium and its good to but more cals then the Better n PB!
  • nysusie
    Options
    skippy natural creamy is wonderful! no hydrogentated oils and the kids love it!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Whole earth, no added sugar. They do an organic version too!

Same here - but it's gotta be Crunchy!!!!
  • slayerdan
    Options
    I use regular peanut butter in moderation.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm not brand specific. I read the ingedients and if it's either "peanuts", or "peanuts, salt", in that order, I'm good.
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    Costco brand Kirkland. Contains Peanuts and Sea Salt and you get two large containers and its cheep as helll!!!
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use whole earth organic crunchy peanut butter
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Co. brand. I will eat nothing else now. No oils, vegan...and DELICIOUS. After I started eating it, I tried eating Jiffy and almost threw up, lol, never realized how oily regular peanut butter was until I switched. I get the White Chocolate Wonderful flavor. YUMMY!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I don't know if its healthier but my family is a fan of the PB2 and you really cant tell a difference at all.
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Smuckers Natural. Just contains peanuts and a teeny amount of salt. 105mg of sodium. :-) and I believe they also have organic.