Intelligent guys on MFP

Options

Replies

• Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    At 32, I've finally almost got the hang of tying my own shoes... so I must qualify for this thread.

Why didn't anyone teach me the loop, swoop and pull method earlier?
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Intelligence is good to have, but it is of second importance to character. Those with great intelligence will either use it for selfless or selfish decisions while those with great hearts will always try and do the right thing. I would rather have a friend on my side with a big heart.

QFT. Arrogance is the worst quality you can possibly have, and a lot of times intelligent people are arrogant.
  • runwithmike
    Options
    I can't say I am very intelligent though people say that I am. If I was so intelligent, why do I feel like I know less and less each day?
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Does being a smartass count as being intelligent? :bigsmile:

Better to be a smartass than a dumbass. :wink:

My wife says the smartest thing I ever did was marry her. I'll take that as a good enough reason to join this discussion.
  • carpp107
    Options
    OK....You found me!!!! Hello, you can add me if you like. I'm fairly new on the site.....
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    BRAINS!!!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've to say -
    Intelligence is inversely proportional to chances you have to get laid
    Lloyd+Christmas+Dumb+and+dumber.png
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ERM....dont know if i'm intelligent

Your profile pic is HILARIOUS!!!
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I :heart: smart geeky guys!

I :heart: them as well; I married one :D
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I :heart: smart geeky guys!

I :heart: them as well; I married one :D

Me too!

My husband and I fell in love while playing World of Warcraft together.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I double majored in Physics and Astronomy in college. I spend 11 years in the main control room at Fermilab (where the Tevatron used to be) running the particle accelerators and am now an Engineering Physicist there. Most of all, however, I somehow convinced my wife to marry me and I didn't have to blackmail her or anything. Plus I listened to her when she said MFP was a good idea.

Educated - Cultivated - Open-minded differ from Intelligence :)

I've met people unable to write, or non cultivated - but Intelligent as frick. Or never majored anywhere appart in Streets (didn't have money to study) but Intelligent enough to have sense of discerning that allowed em to express concepts/ Theories that well-known writters- philosophers- psy. talk about.

Intelligence, from L. "intellegentia" : understanding, power of discerning; art, skill, taste.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I'm going after a phd in experimental neuroscience does that count? ;)
  • onegoal2
    Options
    Intelligent , Yes i Am !
  • slayerdan
    Options
    Ive been right here over 100 days.....
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to talk about how smart I am without sounding like an *kitten*, but, really I have zero patience for stupid people. I prefer to be surrounded by intelligent people because those who aren't Are just terrible at having conversations.
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    Are we talking "Book Smart:" or "Street Smart" just to clarify? Education doesn't make you smart persay... However, it can prove you have a great memory, atleast short-term...once the tests are over you can forget the crap you memorized and look uber brilliant on paper. Atleast that's what I did :tongue: Does smart mouthed..smart aleck..smart assed and Smart looking count? What say someone smart enough to make friends with smart people...then just repeat what they say with an assured head nod and a wink ...to look like you know what you're talking about?

Just wanna make sure I know what I am getting into here before I say I fit the criteria:wink:
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Intelligence is good to have, but it is of second importance to character. Those with great intelligence will either use it for selfless or selfish decisions while those with great hearts will always try and do the right thing. I would rather have a friend on my side with a big heart.

QFT. Arrogance is the worst quality you can possibly have, and a lot of times intelligent people are arrogant.

Much like Jersey Shore guys who bounce their pecs at themselves in the mirror at the gym are arrogant =) Arrogance is a trait that is applied to any type of person, be them intelligent or non.
  • CStranahan0426
    Options
    I don't know about intelligent......at this point if they are breathing they are a catch hahaha :tongue:
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    nuff said

funny-captions-i-can-count-to-potato.jpg
  • feistymoon
    Options
    I'm smart but I have no common sense...so I'm damned if I do...damned if I don't

I suffer from this also. Book smart and street smart are completely different things!