Intelligent guys on MFP

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to talk about how smart I am without sounding like an *kitten*, but, really I have zero patience for stupid people. I prefer to be surrounded by intelligent people because those who aren't Are just terrible at having conversations.

I think the problem with this mindset though is that you tend to miss out on people you assume are stupid. There are times I love to act really silly and wierd and just let go of all my inhibitions.

However I consider myself to be at least fairly intelligent.

I've had friends assume I was stupid as hell because the part of me they usually saw was the spastic silly gal who played video games and watched anime and never did anything else.

In reality I spend a lot of my spare time reading, watching every documentary I can get my hands on, and just learning random things.

Of course I do still play tons of video games heh heh.
  • dgallienne
    dgallienne Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm so with you on this! Please feel free to add me! :)

RAFValentina - Just read your profile Bio...absolutely love your focused attitude to exercise. Will be sure to have a look at your Blog when I get home, (Blog sites filtered out at work).
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to talk about how smart I am without sounding like an *kitten*, but, really I have zero patience for stupid people. I prefer to be surrounded by intelligent people because those who aren't Are just terrible at having conversations.

When you talk with someone dumb, maybe he's doing the same thing....

The one who foresees doesn't need to do the slipt between his own ignorance and his lack of tolerance
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options

I think the problem with this mindset though is that you tend to miss out on people you assume are stupid. There are times I love to act really silly and wierd and just let go of all my inhibitions.

I've had friends assume I was stupid as hell because the part of me they usually saw was the spastic silly gal who played video games and watched anime and never did anything else.

In reality I spend a lot of my spare time reading, watching every documentary I can get my hands on, and just learning random things.

Oh, no no. That's why I said I'd sound like an *kitten* if I said it. I act silly too. Silly does not mean stupid. By stupid I mean people who can't even tell the difference between your and you're or people who believe SCAM (supplementary, complementary, and alternative medicine) actually works. Stupid people are those that possess no critical thinking skills and I've talked to enough people in my life that I can just tell if someone has critical thinking skills by talking to them for less than 5 minutes

Also, video games don't make someone of lesser intelligence. Yeahhhh skyrim
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Intelligence is good to have, but it is of second importance to character. Those with great intelligence will either use it for selfless or selfish decisions while those with great hearts will always try and do the right thing. I would rather have a friend on my side with a big heart.

QFT. Arrogance is the worst quality you can possibly have, and a lot of times intelligent people are arrogant.

Much like Jersey Shore guys who bounce their pecs at themselves in the mirror at the gym are arrogant =) Arrogance is a trait that is applied to any type of person, be them intelligent or non.

:drinker: Replace intelligence with attractiveness in the original quote and it says the same thing. It's not about what you've got - it's how you use it.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options

Oh, no no. That's why I said I'd sound like an *kitten* if I said it. I act silly too. Silly does not mean stupid. By stupid I mean people who can't even tell the difference between your and you're or people who believe SCAM (supplementary, complementary, and alternative medicine) actually works. Stupid people are those that possess no critical thinking skills and I've talked to enough people in my life that I can just tell if someone has critical thinking skills by talking to them for less than 5 minutes

Also, video games don't make someone of lesser intelligence. Yeahhhh skyrim

Ugh, that game totally took over my entire life when it came out. I got bored of it recently but that's only because we just bought a ton of new games and now I'm stuck trying to decide what to play next.

Skyrim will steal my soul again before long. Oblivion stole it over and over again for like 2 years.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Skyrim. I was there upon midnight release. Played it straight for a month. Waiting on some expansion material now . My daughter plays the hell out of it as well. I have raised a female clone of myself lmao.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I believe wisdom is more important than intelligence. Wisdom comes from life experience.
  • BobbyLx
    BobbyLx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't want to brag ... but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I believe wisdom is more important than intelligence. Wisdom comes from life experience.

Depends on your goals in life. I could not do any of the things I do today (writing fiction, writing music, playing instruments, being a proficient programmer, working on an advanced degree) without intelligence. Wisdom is important but is something that is acquired as you say. Intelligence unlocks doors that would otherwise remain barred to you, and I prefer playing in those rooms.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    the really intelligent guys... are on my friend list.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Depends on your goals in life. I could not do any of the things I do today (writing fiction, writing music, playing instruments, being a proficient programmer, working on an advanced degree) without intelligence. Wisdom is important but is something that is acquired as you say. Intelligence unlocks doors that would otherwise remain barred to you, and I prefer playing in those rooms.

I agree. Intelligence is important, wisdom more important in my opinion.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    <~~ I'm her friend. Hopefully that doesn't take away from the validity of her statement.
    the really intelligent guys... are on my friend list.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    354u7z.jpg
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I can't say I am very intelligent though people say that I am. If I was so intelligent, why do I feel like I know less and less each day?

Because our kids suck the IQ points right out of us as they get older. That's my theory anyway.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Smart enough to use mfp :) not smart enough to stay away from the forums :(
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Smart enough to use mfp :) not smart enough to stay away from the forums :(

This x a million lol
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sidesteal.... Trust me, the dude knows his stuff!
  • AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't want to brag ... but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once.

Lol ;)