Locked the baby in the car today...

Options
2»

Replies

• thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I once forgot to strap the car seat to the seat. Next brake, baby on the car floor. She laughed! My wife and I cried.

I forgot to buckle the strap in the carrier when my little girl was just 2 months old. I forgot that I had unbuckled it. I did not realize until I was at my next stop. I was mortified and cried quite a bit. She 3 now so she survived.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Awww hate the bad mommy feeling but I have done it too when my daughter was small...one time I forgot to re strap car seaT in took a corner and she tipped felt horriBle. And with my son he was so quiet I got out of car locked doors and started to walk away but then remembered he was with me not at home with his daddy awwww I felt bad....oh and worst my daughter was few weeks old and me and hubby stepped out on balcony of apartment we had while he smoke a ciggerette and the sliding glass door locked while it was not our fault i felt horriable he had to climb down wall thank god the wall had bricks with some missing for design lol had to run over to matinence to get him to unlock front door to get in. Mind u we been in apartment a year never had it happen but of course after havin her it did and the maitnence guy said yea it happens thats why we replacing them soon. Wow wish i knew it before i locked myself out lmao
  • aagnew01
    aagnew01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! My fiance and I had our son and I ran into the store as I came out, my fiance got out of the car (it was running) to help me and hit the lock button on the door by accident. Luckily our little one was asleep and the pop-lock man came and saved the day. Free of charge! There is nothing comparable to the feeling of seeing your child and being completely helpless in aiding them! Dont feel bad, we all have bloopers as parents!
  • andygettinfitt
    Options
    My mom has been in child care for over 25 years now and I've seen SO many moms who have done this. They always panic and cry and feel horrible, but it seriously happens to so many women. As long as you don't forget the kid in there and go shopping.
    happens to dads too all the time, trust me lol :wink:
  • TomRiddleIsDead
    TomRiddleIsDead Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, you didn't do it on purpose!
    There's a difference between accidentally doing it and immediately responding versus those women who just leave children in cars while they're off doing errands.