Night time cravings

Options
Does anyone know of any little tricks to stop me craving sweet things about an hour after eating my evening meal. It is most frustrating and I think it is why I have been the same weight forever!!!!!

Replies

• Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hot peppermint tea.
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Will give it a try - thank you!!!!
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Ah poor you! I know that feeling but that way too dangerous for weight loss so try harder to win over that craving . some tips
    1. Don't buy or cook anything among those sweet things that you crave for
    2. Even if you have to buy keep it away from your sight.. hide it with some other box/bag in your fridge so that you dont see it everytime you open the fridge
    3. Sharing!! always share the junk food so you dont end up eating it all :)
    4. When you crave for those food just drink 1 glass of water that should do the trick
    5. For keeping your mind off that craving keep yourself busy in something else .. watch tv, red book, litsen to music or talk to someone on phone or in person :)
    6. Last one.. brush your teeth as soon as you are done with your evening meal so you feel lazy of doing it all over again after eating the sweet! :bigsmile: (but this is applicable only if you have a HARD rule to brush your teeth everyday at bed time too :blushing: :blushing: )

Hope this will help!
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I just suffer through it until bedtime lol
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Replace the thought with glass of water.

Im a bugger for wanting something come 8pm onwards...
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    Good advice thank you so much!
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    Yes I am so like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    I guess it's just old fashioned willpower!!
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I dont crave sweets though I could fancy a bacon sandwich or something like that HAHA shocking...definately give the water a go especially flavoured water if your not a water fan to begin with. x
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Replace the thought with glass of water.

Im a bugger for wanting something come 8pm onwards...

I've been doing the water thing a lot lately! We actually have two old milk jugs (the smaller ones) filled with water in the fridge. Whenever I get an after dinner craving, I'll grab one and start chugging. That, or I'll try and grab something crunchy like veggies! :)
  • c501
    c501 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    this would be a good time to invest in a really good vitamin/mineral supplement . this alone would help stop cravings. Also, you could try a protein shake at this time. They wont hurt either and really kill the cravings.; Good Luck
  • opalstar
    Options
    8 pm is a problem time for me too. I just accept it, and always leave myself few calories to allow for a late snack. This works for me.
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    I will definitely try the water, I don't mind it plain. Thanks so much for the good advice.
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    Good idea. I have tried to swap foods when I get these cravings from sweet to savoury low calorie to try to trick my brain!
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    Thank you that is sound advice. Didn't think of protein shakes. Any particular make?
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    I am always starving when I get home from work around 5.30 so tend to eat a little something then before tea! Will have to stop this and save these calories for later!!
  • Alicai
    Alicai Posts: 55
    Options
    I like low fat Greek natural yoghurt with a spoonful of Splenda (or other sweetener) or honey as a treat. It's low fat, low cal and takes away my cravings because of the sweetness. Plus, it helps fill me up a little. I usually eat natural yoghurt with fruit so this is just as a treat!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Brush your teeth when you are finished eating dinner. Food never seems appealing to me when I can still taste toothpaste in my mouth.
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    Thanks for the advice - it sounds nice.
  • sammanchester
    sammanchester Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a few strawberries cooked down with a tiny bit of honey, my friends has a couple raw with splenda (or some other sweetner). We both find it just sweet enough to kill the craving and feel like dessert, but not sweet enough to trigger you wanting even more. Brushing your teeth and a strong mouthwash also helps at times like these :)