So how are the FitBits working out?

Options
I've been thinking about ordering one. I would like to hear reviews of the MFP synchronization program. Did you find that it helped to facillitate your weight loss? I've been losing real slowly for months now, and I think I am not burning as many daily calories as MFP has calculated for me. I was thinking the FitBit might solve this.

Replies

• AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    As far as syncing with MFP, I walked next to the base once, went on MFP freaked out about all the calories it said I had to eat, and un linked them immediately, I love everything else about it though!
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am interested as well!!!
  • jdavison91
    Options
    My wife and I just ordered them so I don't have any feedback yet, but I ultimately made my decision based on reviews I read online. This was the best set of reviews that I found (BTW, I was contemplating between the FitBit and Nike Fuel Band)

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=2471667
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump ;)
  • pwillini84
    Options
    My fitbit keeps track of my daily activity, since I have it set to sedentary. What I do, outside of my gym time, is better tracked using it than allowing MFP to tell me my activity level consumes a certain amount of calories.

That said, any tool you can use to better track your progress is good, and the fitbit is a tool to do just that. It is a tool I use when I'm not on my HRM during workouts.

Keep that in mind when you go on Ebay to buy your's. That's where I got mine, for significantly less than anywhere else I'd seen. Paying less also made the purchase make more sense - after all, wouldn't you be more inclined to use a TOOL if you can get it for less and it makes the job easier?
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    bump:)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyBugg which is essentially the same thing (I think?) and I LOVE IT! I have lost 12 pounds in 2012 alone making my grand total 43 pounds. I use to have a HRM that I wore religiously and now I don't even bother. The BodyBugg is so accurate and I am a numbers girl. I love seeing the charts daily and knowing EXACTLY what I need to burn for the day. I highly recommend either device! Good luck!! =)
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyBugg which is essentially the same thing (I think?) and I LOVE IT! I have lost 12 pounds in 2012 alone making my grand total 43 pounds. I use to have a HRM that I wore religiously and now I don't even bother. The BodyBugg is so accurate and I am a numbers girl. I love seeing the charts daily and knowing EXACTLY what I need to burn for the day. I highly recommend either device! Good luck!! =)

I have a bodybugg too and I think it is more accurate than the fitbit (just what I heard... im no expert). The bodybugg uses 4 different sensors to measure calorie burn. However, both have a flaw. If you are on a stationary machine or are lifting without moving forward and causing a "shock" to the device (so it knows you're moving) then it loses accuracy. On the other hand, I absolutely love having the calorie numbers there for me. I usually assume what it says for lifting (I figure the extra calories are a bonus) but I will take cal readings off of machines like the arc trainer cause I know my bodybugg doesn't measure that accurately. Good luck!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    ^ I agree. That's my beef too.. For some reason when I do Spin class I barely get any credit (maybe 6 cals per minute on their chart) BUT I know that I burn up to 800 cals an hour in that class.. so those days I know I went over but I don't see it on the chart. =)