Everybody Hates Oatmeal

Options
Okay, not really everybody, but a lot of people hate it. Those who don't hate it, are usually looking for a new way to make it. It can get boring! Here's one called Confetti Oatmeal: http://divinehostess.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/confetti-oatmeal/

Replies

• beverlywu
    beverlywu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The problem with oatmeal is that if I make it, I will eat the whole pot. With sugar. With raisins. With milk. Altogether too much deliciousness. Have not tried eating oatmeal on this 1200 cal diet!

Recipe looks good! Thanks.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    LOL don't make a whole pot- I eat oatmeal almost every day. I do throw fruit in sometimes- I add a little whipped lite butter & brown sugar- around 150 calories. That & half grapefruit holds me comfortably til lunch
  • spottedlee
    Options
    must be regional hate... All of my family love oatmeal.. many of my local friends love oatmeal,, I brought oatmeal for breakfast potluck last saturday,, of around 20 that attended, 15 ate it...

Oh well,, must be local love.

Beverly, you can make it for one serving. just make the batch, freeze the rest by putting one serving in each sandwich bag. I also eat Cream of Wheat, which is much easier to make for one and it only take 2 minutes at most by microwave! Try it,,
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    ALL OF MY RAGE.

Oatmeal is king.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Lies!!
    Oatmeal <3
  • divinehostess
    divinehostess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad one person appreciatedy recipe! Haha
  • kimharrod
    Options
    I think i'm the only one that agrees with you so far :p I hated the taste of oatmeal when I first started eating clean, it tasted like soggy cardboard - like wheetabix. However now wheetabix is a craving of mine and i'm hoping the same will happen with oatmeal! (For now I just add lots of kiwi/raspberries to sweeten it up)
  • Brittanysmith1001
    Brittanysmith1001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal, sometimes I make only for my desert. All I ad is a bit if raw almond butter and honey:)
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    mmm oatmeal.............

as it's boiling add some frozen strawberries.... then when it's cooked, put a splash of milk on it and some splenda or truvia..... tastes like strawberry shortcake !! YUMMY !!
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe - it is similar to what I have most days, but the easy, instant version. I microwave instant oatmeal with soymilk, then add homemade granola (oats and nuts and cinnamon) and pommegranate.

YUM
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It looks like someone is trying to get their webpage hit count up! For what it's worth, I love oatmeal.
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal so I will definitely check it out
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I am built partially from Oatmeal. Oatmeal for the win every morning Mon-Fri. along with a protein shake = Breakfast of Champions :bigsmile:

Edit: Its got to be whole oats though I dont like the instant mushy kind of goop oatmeal
  • monicalynne68
    monicalynne68 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I LOVE OATMEAL!!!!!! Might have to me some for breakfast tomorrow. lol I like Cream of Wheat too
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name's Joe, and I hate oatmeal.

For me, it's not the flavor, or the texture, or the preparation. It seems like if I eat oatmeal, I'm hungry again really soon afterward. Of course, if I add fruit, protein, and other stuff to it, I don't get so hungry later.

Of course, if I eat the fruit and protein without the oatmeal, I don.t get hungry later either.
    So for me, oatmeal is just filler that I usually don't need. I'm probably in the minority on this, though.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    About 4 days a week I have an "oatmeal parfait" for breakfast: oatmeal mixed with ground flax seeds and cinnamon, topped with berries, carbmaster yogurt and a little cool whip--delicious.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Mmmmm, proats.
  • divinehostess
    divinehostess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mmmm oatmeal parfait.

I liked "My name is Joe, and I hate oatmeal"

I need to try flaxseed added to oatmeal.

OMGGGG love cream of wheat! Havent had it in years. Is it healthy? I cannot remember.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if you contributed more to the site than links to your recipe blog.... :laugh: But thanks for sharing, you've posted some great ideas.

While we're on the subject of oatmeal:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/all-things-oatmeal/ :heart: Chocolate Covered Katie. I made her 5-Minute Chocolate Oatmeal today... which took closer to ten minutes, but was still really, really good. Roughly 220 calories, 10g protein, 5g fiber... all good!!! Although the kids hated it. Oh, well, more for me!!! :tongue:
  • MaryBachert
    MaryBachert Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal, but I love oat bran better! It is a bit like cream of wheat, and delicious!