I need breakfast idea help.

Replies

• witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    I usally just have have a fiber bar for breakfast and then bring something light for a mid mroning snack since I eat so early.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Greek yogurt has tons of protein and doesn't require and "fixing". :) You can add some granola if you want to do some chewing. LOL. I do slim-fast shakes in the morning for the protein and I can drink them in my car on the way to school. You could also hard-boil some eggs and bring a peice of fruit.
  • chobani greek fruit on the bottom yogurt (they have lots of flavors) & some nuts or granola, that may would work for you.
  • I also do the hard boiled egg for breakfast!!!! Fast, easy & healthy!
  • I grab a cold hard boiled egg - a slice of whole gran bread with a bit of low sugar jelly- - Or - - half of a peanut butter & jelly sandwich on rye. Both filling and satisfying. At work I snack on a tangerine and a few pretzels (nothing kills your appetite like pretzels!):
  • I usually have like a Slim Fast meal bar and banana for breakfast. Its the only thing that I have found that "stays" with me the longest without feeling hungry an hour later.
  • This is a recipe that has saved me for breakfast. I make them on Sunday night for the week. I mixed them up by using whatever veggies I happen to have in the house...but I always use the spinach. Add onion, mushroom..whatever. Mix all ingredients ~ Spray foil muffin liners with pam and fill with mixture. Bake at 350 degrees about 20 or so minutes, until firm and slightly browned on top. Usually makes 8 cups, but if I add more veggies sometimes I get 10. You have two for breakfast and they are great. I heat them in the micro at work. You can add crushed red pepper if you like a bit of spice.

Ingredients
    Sargento - 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese, (1/4 Cup)
    Generic - Egg Raw - Large, 1 large
    Raw - Egg Whites, 3 White
    Birds Eye - Frozen Cut Leaf Spinach, whole bag
    Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 0.5 cup, chopped

Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Total: 540 25 23 42
    Per Serving: 135 6 6 11
  • whitneyrsmith
    whitneyrsmith Posts: 37 Member
    Gooo toooo this site --

http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/betterbreakfast

This girl has lost so much weight and has fantastic recipe ideas, that are real yummy!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, cereal, Peanut Butter and apples or banana on bread, yogurt with fruit and garnola, tuna fish and fruit, chicken salad and fruit, eggs in a mug with add veggies and cheese.

Also saw a cool idea for making smoothie, get a big container of yogurt freeze in Muffin tin per serving size, cut fruit, weigh, take and put frozen yogurt and fruit in a freeze bag for 1 serving, label, freeze and take out of freezer when you want a smooth everything is weighed and measured so you just have to throw it in the blender and log it.
  • I *always* eat breakfast at work. It's always pretty much the same thing everyday too:

- 100 g fat free yogurt, 1/4 cup all bran buds, 1/4 cup quaker harvest crunch, 1/2 cup blueberries (211 cal). Bring them separately & mix 'em together - very easy to prepare the night before. OR

- 1 Apple Cinnamon pita break breakfast pita with 1 tbsp 25% less fat peanut butter (270 cal). I pop the pita in the toaster here at work for a few minutes so it's nice & warm before I put the pb on it. OR

- 1 package instant oatmeal with 1/2 cup blueberries (around 210 cal depending on the type of oatmeal. You can get some with added protein as well which will keep you full longer).
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    i usually have a protein shake at home. but, you can also fry an egg in the microwave. get a microwave safe dish and heat it up first for a minute & 30 secs. then spray with cooking spray, crack your egg, cover with a lid of some sort, and microwave another 30 sec - 1 min. (just keep these things in your desk if you have the space).

also, i keep plain instant oatmeal in a sealed container in my desk (so critters don't get to it) along with cinnamon, raisins and stevia. sometimes i even keep a box of cold cereal here and some milk in the frig. i find that if i know there is breakfast stuff at work, i'm less likely to swing thru a drive thru if i'm running late and unable to get breakfast at home.
  • lauriejayne813
    lauriejayne813 Posts: 34 Member
    Regular Quaker instant oatmeal and 1/2 teaspoon honey.
  • Eggs are geat but I was told that the egg beaters are better. I need some ideas as well. I am new here but when I find something nice to eat that dont have a lot of calories I will keep you posted.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Gooo toooo this site --

http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/betterbreakfast

This girl has lost so much weight and has fantastic recipe ideas, that are real yummy!

Just a quick glance at this website & I see a lot of new favorites for me!!

I also eat at my desk around 9:30 or 10. I have a stash of Protein-type bars (not the ones you get in the pharmacy, those that you get from the cereal aisle). I also will bring either a packet of low-sugar instant oatmeal or one of the new Jimmy Dean Turkey De-lites. Those are great! Yes, they are high on the sodium, but it keeps me full until I can eat lunch around 3!
  • LongRunner77
    LongRunner77 Posts: 71 Member
    If you want to stick with an English muffin, but want to try something else as a topping, try Nutella...a tablespoon is 100 calories and is enough to spread on both sides...I'll eat this occasionally for breakfast and when I do I make sure it's warm and it almost tastes like a chocolate donut!

100 calorie whole wheat English muffin
    100 calorie Nutella = 200 calorie breakfast
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    I always eat a hardboiled egg, string cheese, and chicken sausage for breakfast. Yum!!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    I have access to a microwave and instant hot water at work, so I eat a lot of instant oatmeal (love Oat Revolution!), Cream of Wheat, and Grits. I also occasionally have a microwavable Morningstar Farms Veggie Bacon, Egg, & Cheese biscuit (270 cal) which are deilcious, or Carnation Instant Breakfast in a shaker bottle if I'm really in a hurry. Yogurt sounds like a great idea too.. I just can't handle the consistency in the AM.
  • Porridge, Thats what I have every day with semi skimmed milk & it fills me up for the day (I have it at work too about 10.00am) I have been having it for about two weeks now and it has made a difference plus it is only 185 cals!!!

I used to have bran but I felt sliggish afterwards and was shocked to see it was very high in cals at over 300 so this is what works for me!

Good Luck!

:-)
  • kscallion
    kscallion Posts: 1 Member
    I either toast an english muffin and top with peanut butter and banana slices or I mix granola and honey into some fat-free plain greek yogurt.

If I'm really in a pinch I'll go to Panera and get their breakfast power sandwich and get it with egg whites, which makes it under 300 calories.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    I eat a greek yogurt and sometimes some fresh fruit when I am at work. At home I do a sandwich thin with pb and jelly or a scrambled egg inside. :)