Best Burger Place?

Options

Replies

• zepdig
    zepdig Posts: 155
    Options
    i dont kno if you ever in charleston, sc, but cork is the best rest. on the planet! and there burger is to die for!!!!
  • mzpharrell
    mzpharrell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Red Robin. Hands down.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    http://www.blimpyburger.com/ - as featured on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" on the Food Network! :love:

And as a close runner up, I'll vote for Five Guys too.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i dont kno if you ever in charleston, sc, but cork is the best rest. on the planet! and there burger is to die for!!!!

I'm going to have to write this down, I hope to be in Charleston in 2 weeks.

The top of my list is all local places, though Five Guys may be the best chain off the top fo my head, even if their fries are abysmal.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Burgerville, Five Guys, or In-n-out burger. Mmmm!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    As far as Chain restaurants go..I love Chili's burgers. Five guys close second. In Michigan where I lived for a while...Bray's wins hand down.
  • michmill98
    Options
    Culver's or Smashburger if you're in the Omaha area and want a chain. Otherwise find a local joint and enjoy. I grew up closer to Lincoln so we rarely went to Omaha unless we were going to a Royals' game or the zoo.

I've always thought Red Robin was overrated - yeah they have a ton of toppings, but a good burger doesn't need to be smothered in toppings. That's like having to use steak sauce on a steak - quality meat + a good cook = red meat deliciousness!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Five guys for the win!! I love their juicy burgers with lots of stuff! There's a place in TX called Bobby J's that's a lil hole in the wall place but their burgers are super awesome!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    IN n OUT By far.... I have tried others even 5 guys and nothing impressed me... Too bad i dont have an in n out where I live now or else I would join ya lol
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    2009-11-10-In-N-Out-Collage.jpg

As a displaced Californian heading home in T-minus 3 days, this made me EXTREMELY HAPPY :D

I cant wait to get stationed back there so I can introduce my husband to that place... I find it odd because he lived in northern california....
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    WHAT????? Nobody likes White Castle? SLIDERS.....yum!!!
  • 57scoutmaster
    Options
    There are only two to choose from: In n Out or Five Guys
  • kasarin
    Options
    I'm from Council Bluffs Iowa. Nothing there!

Will have to venture in to Omaha it seems to find something :D

Have you been to the new local place in Des Moines, Zombie Burger? It is WELL worth the couple hours. You must get the Tallahasee shake (twinkie and red kool-aid.) I have never had a bad food item in all my visits. Here is there menu!

http://zombieburgerdm.com/

If you decide to go, message me what you think!
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    Five Guys for your all american classic burger, red Robbins for your dressed up burger needs.

I too loooove me a good burger.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    5 guys, Culvers or Sonic... All have awesome burger in my opinion..

(May be a little bit biased because I worked at Culvers for 4 yrs and could live off a swiss burger and cheese curds!)
  • zincalloy
    Options
    Wow, you Americans really do love your burgers.
    As an Englishman I can honestly say I have never heard of any of the burger places so far listed.
    Apart from the obvious worldwide chain crapburgers we just don't do burger restuarants.
    I suppose you may find the odd one in tourist areas but you'd have to search for it.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    LOVE :love: Five Guys! I am so thankful that they are an hour away from me!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    FIVE GUYS. I can have me 5 guys anytime... lol ;)
  • Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If I'm going off the wagon it's got to be In-n-Out 4x4, fries animal style and a chocolate shake.
    A close second is a local place that adds a handful of pastrami to make a "combo" burger....
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    If you want a thin tasty lower-cal burger, go with Sonic.

If you want big and beefy - Red Robin.

A third option is Buffalo Wild Wings. When I lived in Omaha, I would drive down to Bellevue for BWW or Sonic just to get out of the city.