I need breakfast idea help.

Options

Replies

• witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I usally just have have a fiber bar for breakfast and then bring something light for a mid mroning snack since I eat so early.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has tons of protein and doesn't require and "fixing". :) You can add some granola if you want to do some chewing. LOL. I do slim-fast shakes in the morning for the protein and I can drink them in my car on the way to school. You could also hard-boil some eggs and bring a peice of fruit.
  • angijunbug
    Options
    chobani greek fruit on the bottom yogurt (they have lots of flavors) & some nuts or granola, that may would work for you.
  • bigdaddydrummond
    Options
    I also do the hard boiled egg for breakfast!!!! Fast, easy & healthy!
  • gaylot
    Options
    I grab a cold hard boiled egg - a slice of whole gran bread with a bit of low sugar jelly- - Or - - half of a peanut butter & jelly sandwich on rye. Both filling and satisfying. At work I snack on a tangerine and a few pretzels (nothing kills your appetite like pretzels!):
  • Wingnut51
    Options
    I usually have like a Slim Fast meal bar and banana for breakfast. Its the only thing that I have found that "stays" with me the longest without feeling hungry an hour later.
  • PattiShakourCarpenter
    Options
    This is a recipe that has saved me for breakfast. I make them on Sunday night for the week. I mixed them up by using whatever veggies I happen to have in the house...but I always use the spinach. Add onion, mushroom..whatever. Mix all ingredients ~ Spray foil muffin liners with pam and fill with mixture. Bake at 350 degrees about 20 or so minutes, until firm and slightly browned on top. Usually makes 8 cups, but if I add more veggies sometimes I get 10. You have two for breakfast and they are great. I heat them in the micro at work. You can add crushed red pepper if you like a bit of spice.

Ingredients
    Sargento - 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese, (1/4 Cup)
    Generic - Egg Raw - Large, 1 large
    Raw - Egg Whites, 3 White
    Birds Eye - Frozen Cut Leaf Spinach, whole bag
    Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 0.5 cup, chopped

Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Total: 540 25 23 42
    Per Serving: 135 6 6 11
  • whitneyrsmith
    whitneyrsmith Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Gooo toooo this site --

http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/betterbreakfast

This girl has lost so much weight and has fantastic recipe ideas, that are real yummy!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, cereal, Peanut Butter and apples or banana on bread, yogurt with fruit and garnola, tuna fish and fruit, chicken salad and fruit, eggs in a mug with add veggies and cheese.

Also saw a cool idea for making smoothie, get a big container of yogurt freeze in Muffin tin per serving size, cut fruit, weigh, take and put frozen yogurt and fruit in a freeze bag for 1 serving, label, freeze and take out of freezer when you want a smooth everything is weighed and measured so you just have to throw it in the blender and log it.
  • cosmoholic
    Options
    I *always* eat breakfast at work. It's always pretty much the same thing everyday too:

- 100 g fat free yogurt, 1/4 cup all bran buds, 1/4 cup quaker harvest crunch, 1/2 cup blueberries (211 cal). Bring them separately & mix 'em together - very easy to prepare the night before. OR

- 1 Apple Cinnamon pita break breakfast pita with 1 tbsp 25% less fat peanut butter (270 cal). I pop the pita in the toaster here at work for a few minutes so it's nice & warm before I put the pb on it. OR

- 1 package instant oatmeal with 1/2 cup blueberries (around 210 cal depending on the type of oatmeal. You can get some with added protein as well which will keep you full longer).
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i usually have a protein shake at home. but, you can also fry an egg in the microwave. get a microwave safe dish and heat it up first for a minute & 30 secs. then spray with cooking spray, crack your egg, cover with a lid of some sort, and microwave another 30 sec - 1 min. (just keep these things in your desk if you have the space).

also, i keep plain instant oatmeal in a sealed container in my desk (so critters don't get to it) along with cinnamon, raisins and stevia. sometimes i even keep a box of cold cereal here and some milk in the frig. i find that if i know there is breakfast stuff at work, i'm less likely to swing thru a drive thru if i'm running late and unable to get breakfast at home.
  • lauriejayne813
    lauriejayne813 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Regular Quaker instant oatmeal and 1/2 teaspoon honey.
  • abrandnewme1
    Options
    Eggs are geat but I was told that the egg beaters are better. I need some ideas as well. I am new here but when I find something nice to eat that dont have a lot of calories I will keep you posted.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Gooo toooo this site --

http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/betterbreakfast

This girl has lost so much weight and has fantastic recipe ideas, that are real yummy!

Just a quick glance at this website & I see a lot of new favorites for me!!

I also eat at my desk around 9:30 or 10. I have a stash of Protein-type bars (not the ones you get in the pharmacy, those that you get from the cereal aisle). I also will bring either a packet of low-sugar instant oatmeal or one of the new Jimmy Dean Turkey De-lites. Those are great! Yes, they are high on the sodium, but it keeps me full until I can eat lunch around 3!
  • LongRunner77
    LongRunner77 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you want to stick with an English muffin, but want to try something else as a topping, try Nutella...a tablespoon is 100 calories and is enough to spread on both sides...I'll eat this occasionally for breakfast and when I do I make sure it's warm and it almost tastes like a chocolate donut!

100 calorie whole wheat English muffin
    100 calorie Nutella = 200 calorie breakfast
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I always eat a hardboiled egg, string cheese, and chicken sausage for breakfast. Yum!!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I have access to a microwave and instant hot water at work, so I eat a lot of instant oatmeal (love Oat Revolution!), Cream of Wheat, and Grits. I also occasionally have a microwavable Morningstar Farms Veggie Bacon, Egg, & Cheese biscuit (270 cal) which are deilcious, or Carnation Instant Breakfast in a shaker bottle if I'm really in a hurry. Yogurt sounds like a great idea too.. I just can't handle the consistency in the AM.
  • bosleysaf
    Options
    Porridge, Thats what I have every day with semi skimmed milk & it fills me up for the day (I have it at work too about 10.00am) I have been having it for about two weeks now and it has made a difference plus it is only 185 cals!!!

I used to have bran but I felt sliggish afterwards and was shocked to see it was very high in cals at over 300 so this is what works for me!

Good Luck!

:-)
  • kscallion
    kscallion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I either toast an english muffin and top with peanut butter and banana slices or I mix granola and honey into some fat-free plain greek yogurt.

If I'm really in a pinch I'll go to Panera and get their breakfast power sandwich and get it with egg whites, which makes it under 300 calories.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I eat a greek yogurt and sometimes some fresh fruit when I am at work. At home I do a sandwich thin with pb and jelly or a scrambled egg inside. :)