I need breakfast idea help.

Options
13»

Replies

• mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I always eat my breakfast at work. Here are three or four things I have done:

You can make a batch of those "egg muffins" that are mentioned under the recipes forums section. You can freeze them individually and heat them in the microwave.

I made homemade eggmcmuffins. Bought a little plastic microwave dish for making the egg at Walmart. Put the english muffin in the toaster oven with the canadian bacon and a 2% cheese slice.

Instant oatmeal, with apples, cinnamon, and two splendas. Cook the apples with the instant oatmeal. I buy a bag of those pre-sliced apples and cut up three slices into my oatmeal before I cook it. You can do the old-fashioned oatmeal in the microwave too. I did that this morning.

Eat half a whole wheat bagel thin with peanut butter on it. I use the all-natural Jif which a lot of people don't like because they don't think its healthy, but you can make your own peanut butter in the food processor with a drop of oil.

I practically have a pantry in my desk at work. LOL
  • dwrn86
    Options
    Belvita Breakfast Biscuits are Awesome, they come in several different varietys, high fiber and very filling!!
  • tgianino
    tgianino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I eat instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of honey and 1/4 cup of blueberries.
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I make an "egg thing" (frittata) that I bake up on Sunday and cut in slices. I bring it to work and microwave it. I just saute veggies (peppers, mushrooms, onions, asparagus, whatever) add spices (italian, spicy, whatever), turkey or chicken sausage cut up and then pour over eggs and egg whites with a bit of milk, sun dried tomato, and tiny bit of cheese (full flavored such as parm or romano) and bake until it's done (30-60 minutes depending on how thick it gets). I even freeze it.

YUMMMMMM! What a great idea. I think I will do this one! Thanks!!!
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    bump
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I make an "egg thing" (frittata) that I bake up on Sunday and cut in slices. I bring it to work and microwave it. I just saute veggies (peppers, mushrooms, onions, asparagus, whatever) add spices (italian, spicy, whatever), turkey or chicken sausage cut up and then pour over eggs and egg whites with a bit of milk, sun dried tomato, and tiny bit of cheese (full flavored such as parm or romano) and bake until it's done (30-60 minutes depending on how thick it gets). I even freeze it.

I have also premade/frozen breakfast "burritos" to heat up.

I also sometimes make a pot of steel cut oatmeal and heat that up during the week. It keeps all week in the fridge. It will "gel up" and look a little gross but add some hot water and microwave and you'd never know it wasn't 'fresh"

My other fave breakfast is plain greek yogurt + fruit.

Or a turkey sandwich (why not?)

You must be eating at my house :)
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    im type of girl who literally rolls out of bed at last min and im dressed and out the door in under 10 mins so i have my breakfast later on

usually have cereal at my desk in work, vary the cereal so i dont get bored, just now it yoyos between cheerios and crunchy nut cornflakes :)
  • GrammyDiane
    Options
    There are some great ideas in this thread! Since I've had my lapband surgery, I find I can't eat solid food early in the AM. So I make a cup of Swiss Miss Sugar-Free Hot Cocoa and put a scoop of Unjury Classic Chocolate protein powder into it. That gives me 22 grams of protein and it really tastes great. I drink that on the way to work and am very satisfied until late morning.
  • missmuertos
    missmuertos Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are based, but here in the UK we have instant porridge cups that just require boiling water. They have a bit of skimmed milk powder in to make them taste creamy, and some come with fruit flavours/cinnamon/golden syrup etc. They are my go-to breakfast for preparing at work as I'm always near a kettle and there's nothing to wash up afterwards! (Other than a spoon, obviously!) Plus porridge is a great breakfast, it's filling, slow-release and low in fat. Hope this helps :)

*edited to add brands you can look out for: "Oats So Simple" and "One Oaty Goodness"
  • Stacy533
    Stacy533 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Belvita Breakfast Biscuits are Awesome, they come in several different varietys, high fiber and very filling!!

I need to try these
  • jenmandy
    jenmandy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I buy Ready to Drink EAS Myoplex Lite protein shakes. It's amazing...just shake and DRINK! Breakfast is served. :)
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Wed 02/22/12 01:09 PM

Here is a good idea for breakfast or snack!

1/4 cup quick oats
    1 egg (sub. 1/4 egg beaters for less calories)
    small handful of blueberries
    little bit of brown sugar/stevia (optional)
    tbsp soymilk or regular milk(for added moistness!)

Mix it all up into a coffee mug!
    Put it in the microwave for 1 minute, make sure it doesn’t overflow! Add an extra 30 sec if it needs to firm up.
    Macros: 134 calories

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium
    Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned Oatmeal, 1/4 cup dry (40g) 75 14 2 3 0
    Eggbeaters - Original Egg Beaters, 1/4 cup (61g) 30 1 0 6 115
    Blueberries - Raw, 0.25 cup 21 5 0 0 0
    In the Raw - Stevia, 1 packet 0 1 0 0 0
    Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 0.09 cup 8 1 0 1 11

Total: 134 22 2 10 126
    Per Serving: 134 22 2 10 126

Just saw this posted somewhere else and remembered this post.