Question about protein shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• LivFit4me
    LivFit4me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein powder and as many have said above, I get it from bodybuilding.com because of their prices. But also see if Vitamin Shoppe will ship to Canada. If you can get the protein there, on sale, their shipping is free for anything over $25.

Now, I will let you in on WHY I use Dymatize. ;o) I used to work at a gym in WA state some years back, and there was this husband/wife team that were natural body competitors/trainers there. The husband worked for a pharmaceutical company and did a "run" on the ingredients in it compared to some others. The results were that it was one of the "cleanest" out there.

I use a blender, frozen bananas or frozen strawberries, and unsweetened, vanilla, almond milk. YUMMY! Add a big handful of fresh baby spinach to it as well to get some greens and vitamins in there! Spinach takes on the flavor of the fruit so it may look kinda green and bleck but it taste awesome!

Good luck on whatever you find and use!
  • tammeegirl
    tammeegirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Whey protein been using it for years (best price is at Wal-mart), I buy the vanilla that way I can make the flavor into anything I want, (chocolate can only be just that, chocolate) LOL. Also add 1/2 cup NONFAT greek yogurt for LOTS more protein.
    Greek yogurt can be bitter so I add about 1/2 cup any flavor crystal light for sweetness and flavor.... Go view my diary and you can see my breakfast everyday is this shake its got 42 grams of protein and believe me it satisfies and sticks to ur ribs LOL.:drinker:
  • Jisham78
    Options
    Check out Visalus!! It's a great, well balanced shake that tastes amazing! You can check it out online & order! Let me know if your interested or have any questions. A friend of mine has lost 28# since December 1st! If you would like to order you can enter my user ID
    jisham78.myvi.net - I'm only sharing this information so you can purchase the product, I'm not a distributor so I won't be making any money!! It's just a great product! Lots of informational videos on youtube as well. Good Luck!!
  • jennifer127
    Options
    Bump..thanks for info
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    chocolate pb myofusion with a teaspoon of pb and ice .. bam yummy
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    optimum nutrition gold standard whey its the best

I would have to agree here! So many flavours and the best tasting protein I've tried before.

I agree with this too. I use this, have tried numerous flavours and you get a good amount of protein per scoop for not a huge amount of calories. They mix great with water and milk and even yoghurt
  • rdevaughn
    rdevaughn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    sorry-did not know i was not aloud to post website info about products b/c i "may or may not make money" off of it.
    As i said in my previous post that was deleted, I use Shakeology every morning as my protein drink with frozen fruit and water. I tried a couple things at the grocery store and they were all pretty blah.
    as you can see from previous posters, theres alot to choose from! hope you find what works for you! :-) some companies may have samples you can try before you invest alot of money into trying different brands.
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I actually love the Generic Slimfast shakes.....I have one in the morning and for lunch....along with that I add fruit and a cheese stick for a snack. :smile:
  • KFuerst27
    Options
    I have a Shaklee Cinch shake every day. I use the Vanilla or Chocolate and add a cup of frozen fruit to either and blend. I also sometimes add half a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter and a few ice cubes and blend. Yum.