PLEASE... read my food diary any advice is welcome!!!

Options
ALL advice is welcome.. trying to bust out of 150............

Replies

• tinydancer24
    Options
    Hey there. Your food diary looks great, I would just keep doing what you are doing and you will break through. Keep working out, keep logging and you will get there. I have 2 devices that I could not have been without on this journey however....one is my food scale, if you don't have one....I highly recommend it! I measure everything!!! The 2nd one is a HRM, the machines at the gym are extremly inaccurate!!!! It gives you a much better idea of what you actually burn. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    What are you doing for exercise? You seem to burn a lot of calories consistently.
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    my advice would be to eat less snack foods, and make every meal a MEAL- a small one, abou 200-300 calories every 3 hours. carbs(sweet potato, old fashioned or steel cut oats, whole grain bread) ONLY AT BREAKFAST and PRE WORKOUT. other than that, chicken and veggies/ fish and veggies/ chicken or tuna on salad....also anything white and processed can only be metabolized by your body after your workout, so save any cheats for post workout. be careful for fruits, theyre very high on the glycemic index scale which can set your numbers way off. also have a healthy serving of fat 3 times a day, avacado on your salad, a handful of nuts, or cook your chicken in olive oil....no more than 3 servings per day or it will be stored on your body as fat.

hope that helps!!
  • lanasimm
    lanasimm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will help but I know I lose more if I'm consistent: No carbs from your afternoon snack on. So instead of the rice (today) have a big salad w/lowfat dressing. It just an idea to switch things up. If you want more info on that I believe bodybuilding.com has info on that and so does Tone It Up. Just a thought... good luck!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Easy!
    Protein is too low carbs are too high.
    If you have been on a weight loss journey for a long time, eat at maintenance for 2 weeks to break a plateau.
    Follow the 90/10 rule!
    90% whole foods and 10% junk!

Hugs!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Are you using a HRM? If so, eat your excercise calories. If not, eat most of them.

What is your weight los goal set to? If it is set to 2lbs I would move it down to 1lb. It looks like there is about 20lbs less of you so your goals should match it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    more protein, less carbs and fat. I would take protein up to 30 - 35% (I have mine set at 40, but if you don't lift weights that may be unnecessarily high).
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You've got some sugar floating around there that can easily be cut by substitution. Yams, fruits, even sugars in the Ritz crackers. I would look at your long-term sugars and see if there's a trend. Not saying fruit is your downfall - just saying take a look at your levels and keep an eye on them.

Aside from that- you might consider eating at maintenance for a week to shake things up.
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Easy!
    Protein is too low carbs are too high.
    If you have been on a weight loss journey for a long time, eat at maintenance for 2 weeks to break a plateau.
    Follow the 90/10 rule!
    90% whole foods and 10% junk!

Hugs!

What he said... Up your protein and lower the carbs to about half. GL!!!
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Diary is looking pretty good but I did notice a few things when going through:

- I hit a couple of days where you still had around 600 calories left for the day. I would suggest finding more filling and full meals in order to get closer to your target goal. I'm a believer in eating back your exercise calories.

- Have you considered switching out your pre workout snack for something with more protein? Or having a protein shake after? I'm not sure what workouts you do but either of these will help increase your calories and give you a higher protein percentage at the same time.

Good luck!
  • jmaffett
    Options
    First thing I notice is water ... are you drinking any? It isn't recorded.

Second is your snack size - I think they might be too big. Aim for about a hundred calories. Also, do you need a snack before your workout? If you are really kicking it HARD then have a snack, but it may not be necessary. When I used to do a hard workout in the morning I would have a half banana with about a teaspoon of peanut butter and that was sufficient.

Good luck and keep at it! It's not easy but is worthwhile :)
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Of the week or so that I checked, you were WAY over on sodium on most days. Sodium is a killer AND it makes you hold on to water weight. I'd suggest monitoring that a lot more closely for a week or two and you might see some very pleasing results. 2,000 at your age is plenty.

...and yes, you need more water, also.
  • trishdhumphrey
    trishdhumphrey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What is a HRM? I have seen people talk about it but don't know what it is. Thanks :)
  • TammyLosesIt
    Options
    What is an HRM? I'm not new at trying to lose weight, but this is a new term for me! Thanks for the advice!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    You've got some sugar floating around there that can easily be cut by substitution. Yams, fruits, even sugars in the Ritz crackers. I would look at your long-term sugars and see if there's a trend. Not saying fruit is your downfall - just saying take a look at your levels and keep an eye on them.

Aside from that- you might consider eating at maintenance for a week to shake things up.

Try tracking your sugar, that may not be it, but I know when I started it was a wake up call. From fruit, yogurt, my almond milk, it was through the roof.
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    What is an HRM? I'm not new at trying to lose weight, but this is a new term for me! Thanks for the advice!

Heart Rate Monitor :)
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    How did you get the 1700 calorie goal? Does that include exercise? There are many variables, but you actually may need to lower your calories a bit.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    What's a FitBit adjustment? Is that where you adjust your workout to the calories burned showing on your device?
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I'm not jumping on the low carb wagon because I don't do it, can't do it, and wouldn't do it even if I could... I don't even care if my carbs or sugars (especially sugars) are over because I eat so many fruits/veggies. Carbs and sugars from natural fruit/veggie sources are completely different than dumping table sugar on my cheerios, and I ignore it...

But the things I noticed were: you should never net at about a 0. There's one day (I didn't go back too far) where your calories were less than 700 and your exercise was 600+. Not good. I'd recommend netting a MINIMUM of 1100 consistently--but you should probably net more than that. At least in the 1200 to 1300 range.

And some days your sodium is pretty whack. I have occasional days like that too, but I try to avoid sodium in large quantities. It makes me retain water like crazy if I even hit 2,000 mg a day. I like to stick to about 1750 or lower, myself to avoid those issues.

Also--maybe give zigzagging a try. It helped me break out of a plateau! http://www.shapefit.com/calorie-intake-calculator.html# I use that calculator, and I enter little/no exercise so that I can still eat back my exercise calories on here and be on track. :)
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    For those that asked.. I haven't been the most consistent with working out. But I do teach PE grades k-5. And I wear a fit bit, which always gives me an adjustment, even with my activity level set at the highest setting... I SOO appreciate your responses. Keep 'em coming.. deffinately will look into the sugar and carbs....
    Fitbit adjustment.. is calories I burned beyond what MFP thinks I burn in a day.... so I am actually burnining more calories then MFP predicts for me