Tired/Lack of energy!

Options
I have been lifting forever now and there are some days that I feel I have never picked a weight up! Yesterday I felt weak using 15lbs and normally that is not a heavy weight at all for me. Does anyone ever experience this in the gym? I am talking even advanced lifters?

Replies

• AceDuddyMegaa
    Options
    do you warm up? that could be it gotta get all loosey goosey man
    or maybe fix your diet if youre havign a consistent low energy level
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    I have been doing this for awhile man :) I ALWAYS warm up! My diet is pretty damn good also. That is why I don't get why I feel that way sometimes. I appreciate it though!
  • LJC44
    Options
    \

How long do you wait to workout after you eat depending on the size of the meal?
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    Everyday isn't going to be a stellar day in the gym. It happens. Could be a number of things. Diet, mental, sleep, etc..
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Have you been to the Doctor recently?

Perhaps a blood test is in order for a better understanding?

Might be some form of a mineral deficiency.

As an aside, I would say that everyone has their good & bad workout days. Last night I could barely squeeze out 10 push-ups during my warm-up. Made me feel like a newb!
  • LJC44
    Options
    I know..but it is so frustrating. At least I go through the whole workout ha. I have been working on my food balance forever now so hopefully that is not it. I even eat the power foods that people should be eating everyday.
  • AceDuddyMegaa
    Options
    \

How long do you wait to workout after you eat depending on the size of the meal?

i dont eat before workouts. not trying to do anything special its just the way my schedule is and its been workign out so yea
  • LJC44
    Options
    Have you been to the Doctor recently?

Perhaps a blood test is in order for a better understanding?

Might be some form of a mineral deficiency.

As an aside, I would say that everyone has their good & bad workout days. Last night I could barely squeeze out 10 push-ups during my warm-up. Made me feel like a newb!

I actually go to the doctor's tomorrow. Then again, like you guys have said, not every day can be SO energetic in the gym. Yesterday I also did push-ups and struggled for 10!

Just wanted to know that I am not the only one out there who experiences the tired feeling :)
  • AceDuddyMegaa
    Options
    I know..but it is so frustrating. At least I go through the whole workout ha. I have been working on my food balance forever now so hopefully that is not it. I even eat the power foods that people should be eating everyday.

whats a power food is that like eating lion hearts and live cobras before hitting the gym... cuz thats pretty badass
  • LJC44
    Options

whats a power food is that like eating lion hearts and live cobras before hitting the gym... cuz thats pretty badass

How did you guess!!?? I hunt lion's before a few hours before the gym and cook the hearts! ;)
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are low on Iron. Another thought...are you on any medications? My brother was taking a pill for acid reflux (can't remember the name) and he started to experience muscle weakness.
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Do you have any other symptoms like upset stomach or mood swings? I can't see your diet but are you mainly veggies with few meats?
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options

How did you guess!!?? I hunt lion's before a few hours before the gym and cook the hearts! ;)

Probably worn out from hunting the lions then... Maybe you should skip that part - and may have more energy at the gym :D
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Muscle fatigue?

How often are you working out? Are you taking rest days?

Are you drinking enough water? Honestly - this is my answer to everything! You have to be sure to drink half your body weight in ounces a day...it will boost your metabolism, give you energy, cushion or your joints, etc. Honestly, water is a miracle drug...lol
  • LJC44
    Options

Probably warn out from hunting the lions then... Maybe you should skip that part - and may have more energy at the gym :D

You may be right haha. I will cut down on that ;)
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options

And wash it down with a tiger's blood smoothie? :wink:
  • LJC44
    Options
    Do you have any other symptoms like upset stomach or mood swings? I can't see your diet but are you mainly veggies with few meats?

I don't know how to post the actual food log. I eat veggies at every meal and lean meat about twice a day. I have always had mood swings ha.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yes I have in regard to cardio. There are days where no matter how hard I push it I can not complete it. I think when you're tired it really affects our workouts.
  • LJC44
    Options
    Muscle fatigue?

How often are you working out? Are you taking rest days?

Are you drinking enough water? Honestly - this is my answer to everything! You have to be sure to drink half your body weight in ounces a day...it will boost your metabolism, give you energy, cushion or your joints, etc. Honestly, water is a miracle drug...lol

I know I keep answering all of these questions with yes I do this and yes I do that..but it is because I honestly feel I am so good with all of these things. I drink water like a camel haha. Yes you are right about water though..it is a miracle drug!
  • LJC44
    Options

And wash it down with a tiger's blood smoothie? :wink:

Ohhhh those type of smoothies rock man! ;)