Any "older" moms with younger children??

Options

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43 with a 4 year old. Although I really don't think of myself as an "older" mum I have more energy than most of the mums I know 10 years or so younger!!!!

Yea seriously, good for you!

All my friends started having babies as soon as they got married like age 30 was some sort of cut off. I thought this was a ‘Sex In The City’ generation, women having careers then pushing the kids idea into their late 30's sometimes even beyond but apparently not... my friends are quitters, what a great investment University was for them... :mad:

Anyhoo, good for you! I may have kids eventually but not start until 32-33 which means a 2nd would be born before 40 or so and that is soooooooo not too old for me!

That being said, apparently it always bothered my younger sister to have parents so much older than her friends' parents. My mom was 29 with me and 35 with her but also my town was Italian-dominant in the 80's so there was a lot of young wives who started getting pregnant 2 or so years in so age 22 but a lot has changed in the last 25+ years.
  • sandredee937
    sandredee937 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i am a 33 yo mother of my first, he is 18 months old and a hand ful.. lol i am also a stay at home mom (for now)
  • leighllf
    Options
    I am 40 YO and have 2 boys! One is 7 and the other is 21/2. I am a stay at home very busy mother! I love being home with my youngest but it can be hard at times.

I am doing the JM 30 Day Shred and am on day 6 of lesson 1. It is a great and fast workout.

Last year I lost the majority of my weight by restricting my diet. I was really good at staying on it. I have worked out pretty much for 5 years now and toned but the key for me was diet!!

GL! Feel free to friend me! I love having motivators!!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 39, and my youngest is 11 months old (my other children are 3, 5, 7, 10, and 18!)
    But I forget that I'm "old". I feel better than I did in my 20's. I just feel kind of shocked when I look in the mirror and see a middle-aged woman there!
  • angelialouise
    angelialouise Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    count me in, i am 42 and have a 4 year old...wouldnt change it for the world
  • 1momx3
    1momx3 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm 45 with a 11 year old, 9 year old and a 6 year old.

Feel free to add me.
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 and have a 6 yr old daughter in Kindergarten. I still want another child. Yep. I'm crazy. :noway:
    I think losing weight will probably help me in my quest. Plus i just want to be healthy and set a good example for my daughter.
    Feel free to send me a friend request. I see others here that are similar to me.

-Traci
  • CarlaGill1968
    Options
    I'm almost 44, but my brain thinks I'm MUCH younger!
    I have teen and pre-teen girls.
    I was widowed almost 3 years ago, but think we have adjusted quite well.
    I work full time and want all 3 of us to get healthy together.
  • margiesmith62
    Options
    Hi. I am 49 with an 8 year old. I am a single mother and work full time, with a very long commute. I had lost 135 lbs over an 18 month period due to gastric bypass surgery, but gained 50 back over the last few years. I am working to get those pounds back off, and am down 8 after 2 weeks. Feel free to add me.
  • lxmack
    Options
    42 (43 in a month) with a 7 year old!
  • Hi! I'm 39 with a 7 (in March) y o and a 4 y o. I'm here thanks to the 4 yo telling me I was fat, and because I gained 90 lbs while pregnant the first time. It was a rude awakening, I felt, being in my 30's having kids. There were more concerns, etc. so I ate poorly (no diet food) and stopped running. I ran 5 miles a day but almost miscarried at 10 wks. So yes, I shot off the excuses and allowed myself to eat for 20, but I'm also the one working to lose it all. Better late than never! I also have an old head Injury so every single time I do any cardio, I get extreme pressure, and terrible pain in the back of my head resulting from nerve damage. Because of this I could lay around and feel sorry for myself or grit my teeth and pray really hard for it to ease. I've chosen to live and breathe through it one day at a time. I've been doing so for almost 2 months and lost 20 lbs. No pain no loss right??? Lol. I'm sending you a friend request. I feel that anything is possible if you want it bad enough!
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 42, 43 at the end of next month, and I have a 13yo girl. 11 yo boy, 9yo boy, 7yo boy, 5yo girl and 2yo boy. I am currently at SAHM, trying to lose a LOT of baby weight that I should really have lost between pregnancies, but as soon as it started to shift, another would come along! Feel free to add me if you wish. :)
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    44 (almost) with a 3 year old. So fun, and like others, I don't feel "old" at all.
  • Seminole_puppy
    Seminole_puppy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 with 16-month-old twin boys, my first (and last). I'm getting in shape (probably need to lose 32 more pounds at least) to be more healthy for them.
  • jeannicoleau
    jeannicoleau Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 with a 24 yr old (getting married in April) and a 20 mnth old. Both boys and I'm loving every minute. getting healthy to be around for both boys through all their milestones. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • hkmamma
    Options
    Hi there! I am a 48 y.o. mom of a 9 and 10 yr. old girls.
  • gg24
    gg24 Posts: 58
    Options
    I'll be 52 next month and I have a 14 year old and 9 year old. Somehow I didn't get the word that getting pregnant was difficult when you got older. LOL I have about 40 pounds to lose but would be thrilled with 25. Oh and I'm now single too. There are so many men my age looking for someone like me that has younger kids. *rolls eyes* However, I do love the kiddos and we along with the two cats make a great family. ^_^
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I will be 46 years old in 2 weeks and I have a 2 year old boy, a 6 year old girl, 15 year old girl, 20 year old boy and 25 year old boy. I really want to be alive to watch my children go and if I don't do something about my weight I won't be sooooo....off we go :)

16559905.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm 40 with kids that are 6, 6, and 8. I'm not sure if I fit the "older mom" or the "younger children"
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    Hi there I'm 36 I have an 11yr old boy and 7yr old girl. I'm taking my son with me on this weight lose journey. I want him to grow up healthy and active

:flowerforyou: