NASCAR

Options
LauraMacNCheese
LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
Yes...I went there, LOL! Just curious, with Daytona coming up, if there are any NASCAR fans out there? And, if so, what do you think of Danica Patrick joining the fray?

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I am. Die hard Hendrick guy. She's talented enough but full bodies stock cars are so much different than indy... she'll bend a few before she becomes a contender.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    Tony Stewart is my guy...but I really enjoy the road courses more so than the regular tracks and he tends to excel there. As for Danica, I'm so sick of her...she needs to stick to her GoDaddy.com commercials...
  • jbrown78
    jbrown78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    #18 ALL THE WAY! If he can control his temper this year!
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Love Nascar!!! Tony Stewart...nuff said ;)
  • Amyann44
    Amyann44 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Daytona 500! So excited!! I would like to see Danica do well and I root for her in nationwide because I'm a Junior fan
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Tony Stewart is my guy...but I really enjoy the road courses more so than the regular tracks and he tends to excel there. As for Danica, I'm so sick of her...she needs to stick to her GoDaddy.com commercials...

I really dont have an opinion of her either way- but there was an article on Foxnnews.com with her complaining that she is viewed as a sex xymbol and NASCAR men aren't- well, DUH- you parade around on TV in a bikini, in commercial full of ainnapprpriate inuendo, and then you get upset when people view you as a sex symbol??? Is it only ok when YOU initiate it, or when YOU are making money from it? Hypocrite!!!!

Thank you- venting over, been wanting to rant about that all day, thanks for the thread!!! :noway:
  • Whitetail24
    Whitetail24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Huge Nascar fan and go to Dover every year. #24 Jeff Gordon is my favorite but like anyone who drives a Hendricks car. I'm glad to see Danica there it brings in something interesting and hopefully see does well.
  • smumma4
    smumma4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love NASCAR! I'm a big Jeff Gordon and Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. fan, but I can't stand Danica. She promotes her body to much for my taste. I know she's good for the sport, but that doesn't mean I have to like her being here :wink:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think Danica is a sell out.

A few years back, she was adamant that she would "Never join NASCAR. Too many races, too much competition, too commercialized, blah blah blah".

And where is she now?

Yep. In NASCAR. I'm okay with the open wheel drivers making the switch to NASCAR, but don't do it AFTER you've openly bashed NASCAR, its drivers, the fans and the organization in general. Makes you look like a hypocrite.

I've been to Daytona and to quite a few races at Michigan. Would have loved to see a race at Bristol BEFORE it was re-paved.
  • DSMAW
    DSMAW Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love NASCAR. #88 Dale Jr & #14 Tony "Smoke" Stewart. I am getting to go to the Las Vegas Race in 2 weeks can't wait. This will be my first race. I never really followed Danica in the Indy series so I will need to watch how she does here in NASCAR before I can make up my mind about her.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Who's Danica?? I am old school...Mark "The Kid" Martin!!

Cannot wait for Dega's spring race....Dega bound!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

I really dont have an opinion of her either way- but there was an article on Foxnnews.com with her complaining that she is viewed as a sex xymbol and NASCAR men aren't- well, DUH- you parade around on TV in a bikini, in commercial full of ainnapprpriate inuendo, and then you get upset when people view you as a sex symbol??? Is it only ok when YOU initiate it, or when YOU are making money from it? Hypocrite!!!!

Thank you- venting over, been wanting to rant about that all day, thanks for the thread!!! :noway:

While they may not be "sex symbols", per se...many of the guys of NASCAR are super hot! They just don't flaunt it like she does, you're absolutely right.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Woot!! Here I am, huge NASCAR fan. I will be interested to see what Danica can do with the heavy stock cars vs IRL cars. And she drives for my driver! GO SMOKE!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Love NASCAR and Indy Car. Danica has skill but she isn't a good ol' boy. It will be interesting to watch. There have been some successful crossovers but not many.
  • Keeleelee55
    Keeleelee55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if you'd call me a real fan. I grew up around racing (my dad actually built and engine that raced at Daytona back in the late 60s early 70s). My husband is in Daytona as I write, he's the "real" fan. I was and always will be a Richard Petty fan and I have a nephew named Cale (as in Yarborough for those of you not old enough to remember). And for the question at hand, I could really care less whether Danica races or not, she's a marketing phenom who has some talent. And even though I don't care, I wish her well if that is really what she wants to do.
  • trmecham
    Options
    We'll find out tomorrow night during the shootouts how she'll manage the super speedway. Go Tony!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    #18 ALL THE WAY! If he can control his temper this year!

He's my Number 2 guy. Reminds me so much of Smoke when Smoke was his age! Love the fire!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I stopped watching NASCAR 10 years ago when it become over-the-top commercialized, and Danica is just another example of that.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I don't watch as much as I used to, but I still watch the big races, Daytona, Charlotte etc. My dad took me to races in Rockingham (yeah, they used to race there LOL) and Charlotte was a big fan of Richard Petty and Dale Sr growing up. I pull for Dale Jr but not a "fanatic", but I'd like to see him do well.. so many other new drivers and teams I can't say I have a "favorite".

I wish Danica success. There is (or was) a female in the lower series (Busch or Nationwide whatever they call it now) who didn't get nearly as much press as Danica, but of course she wasn't a swimsuit model either, she was a race car driver. Her(Danica's) Indy career was splotchy at best.. she was lucky to finish most races.
  • BOATS52
    Options
    Love Nascar ! Being from the Northwest Kasey Kane is my guy go Bowties !