I sometimes really hate my boyfriend

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    This is none of my business but I feel the need to jump in here. Your boyfriend can't cook and he doesn't do laundry? Girlfriend, you need to teach him what his momma apparently didn't. Teach him how to cook and how to do laundry. There is absolutely no excuse for a boy/man not to know how to cook something and how to do his own laundry. That's ridiculous! My son will turn 23 this month and he been cooking since he was a little tyke and doing his own laundry since grade school. You and your boyfriend have children together, it's way past time for him to grow up!

Ok, off my soapbox now. :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    yea....i'm just hoping he grows up eventually is all...my dad always said guys dont truly grow up until theyre 27-28 so that gives him a yr or two and if not imma save up money in the mean time lol :laugh:

My dad and my uncles (my dad's brothers) have all said men don't REALLY grow up until they are in their late 40s and that's only if they allow themselves to grow up. Sometimes men can be great fathers but lousy BFs/husbands; they just never get that understanding of what it takes to be in a relationship. I agree that you should have a back up plan for times like this (videos or online workouts). However if there are more times like this than not it may be time for you to re-evaluate your relationship and whether or not it would be beneficial for you to stay in this relationship.

oh geeze 40's?!!?:noway: lol and he isnt being a good father or boyfriend right now and ive talked with him many a times about being a better father...right now im just getting a back up plan though before i make any rash decisions

have you thought of itching powder in his shorts? or gum in his hair? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Just kidding, thought you could use a laugh!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Lol....it would be funny to watch :laugh: :laugh: oi i love this site lol
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    ok, y'all are really making me happy I'm a lesbian! sheeshe.

seriously though, first you have to decide that you're worth someone treating you with respect. If you believe that about yourself you will stop taking his bs - maybe that means you separate, maybe it gives him an attitude adjustment. but remember that while he is the father of your kids you are both demonstrating to them how to treat someone...and how to BE treated. so if your example is that you allow someone to mistreat you then your kids (especially if you have a girl) can learn that it's ok for someone to mistreat her when she grows up.
  • mommared53
    Options
    btw, your little boys are absolutely gorgeous! :smile:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    This is none of my business but I feel the need to jump in here. Your boyfriend can't cook and he doesn't do laundry? Girlfriend, you need to teach him what his momma apparently didn't. Teach him how to cook and how to do laundry. There is absolutely no excuse for a boy/man not to know how to cook something and how to do his own laundry. That's ridiculous! My son will turn 23 this month and he been cooking since he was a little tyke and doing his own laundry since grade school. You and your boyfriend have children together, it's way past time for him to grow up!

Ok, off my soapbox now. :flowerforyou:
    lol he is a super momma's boy and i love his mom to death but she baby's him way to much! if i tried to ignore his laundry hed bring it to his mom's and she'd do it for him ....and nothing he does is wrong in her eyes ...if either of my sons did half that crap their father does ill smack them upside their head and put them in time out i dont care if theyre in their 20s or not :laugh: :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Dump this loser, send him home to mama! that is all I got for you.
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Dump this loser, send him home to mama! that is all I got for you.

hence why ive been saying im getting a back up plan started...with 2 kids i cant just up and leave...:tongue:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    When does he work?

I agree with the others, if you know he is like this then you need to find another way to get your cardio in. I know there is alot of DVD's with Cardio.

As far as the relationship goes, you need to put your foot down. Even though this is none of business I have to give you my opinion. He is very rude to talk to you the way he does. Good Luck with everything.
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    When does he work?

I agree with the others, if you know he is like this then you need to find another way to get your cardio in. I know there is alot of DVD's with Cardio.

As far as the relationship goes, you need to put your foot down. Even though this is none of business I have to give you my opinion. He is very rude to talk to you the way he does. Good Luck with everything.
    he doesnt work =/...lol god i know how to pick them *shakes her head*
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    When does he work?

So the only thing he has going for him is that he is the father of your children. Do you work?
  • czewwhat
    Options
    When does he work?

so he is playing poker with your money? Dump time!! for sure!
  • mommared53
    Options
    My son is single, has a job and is great with kids. And he's available. :bigsmile:
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    When does he work?

I agree! He is not supportive as being a father or a bf! Especially now since he doesn't even work!! It sounds like he needs to go back to his mama! You deserve better than that!! Your children deserve better than that!!
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    My son is single, has a job and is great with kids. And he's available. :bigsmile:
    haha does he live in maine?! lol....
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    When does he work?

I agree! He is not supportive as being a father or a bf! Especially now since he doesn't even work!! It sounds like he needs to go back to his mama! You deserve better than that!! Your children deserve better than that!!

oh i know and its mostly my fault...its just he's the first and only guy ive ever been with and I think that attachment makes it so much harder...=/
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Are you the same girl that said her boyfriend tells her she's fat in a different thread?
  • mommared53
    Options
    haha does he live in maine?! lol....

Well, no but I'm sure he'd love to move to Maine, as long as they have a Taco Bell there. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • blondeambition
    Options
    This is none of my business but I just wanted to tell you I can relate . My ex husband used to work about 6 months out of the year and took voluntary layoff every winter so he could stay home and play playstation even though we could not afford it. I had to work 10 hours OT each week to make up for it. He had a very similar attitude to your BF and did not clean, cook, or even take out the trash. He stayed out all night on the weekends and would not stay with our daugthers so I could run errands or go work out or otherwise do anything for myself. I found out he was having an affair and around the same time, I lost my job. I was overweight, unemployed, and otherwise miserable. I was only 23 with 2 kids, and like you I felt it was impossible to leave. But you know what I did? I kicked him out. I had not a dime to my name and it was scary as h#ll. I went on assistance for 2 months while I looked for a job. That was 8 years ago and in that time, I got a great paying job, put myself through college, lost 80 pounds and found myself a good man whom I have been with for the past 4 years.

My point? Don't be afraid to walk away from a bad thing, you will make it. You deserve to be happy and you deserve to be with someone who wants that for you and will support you in whatever it is you need to do to get there.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    When does he work?

oh i know and its mostly my fault...its just he's the first and only guy ive ever been with and I think that attachment makes it so much harder...=/

I have a friend that had the same problem dealing, luckly without the kids. He was the first guy she slept with. A couple months later he got kicked out of the military and had to move away but they stayed together. He cheated on her while he was gone. He told her she cheated on her twice. She forgave him. He moved back. She found out he lied and had cheated on the with 6 different women (in 3 months). He said he loved her and begged her forgiveness. She forgave him. He behaved for about 3 months. He met her parents at Christmas and came back down a week before her. Went out with a girl twice while she was away. He told her. She forgave him. Myboyfriend and I practically forced him to buy her something for Valentine's Day. She went away for 2 days for a tennis match and he cheated on her again. FINALLY, she broke up with him. He has a new girlfriend in less than 2 weeks even though he kept saying he was in love with my friend. When I told him he was a cheating *kitten*, you know what he told me? "The problem isn't that I cheat too much. It's that I tell the truth too much." He thought that he should be resolved on any guilt because he told her.

I've told this long, drawn out story because I've seen what the attachment to her first can do to a girl (and I've left out even more crap that he pulled), and she was lucky enough not to have kids with him, but you deserve better. He doesn't work, he doesn't help around the house, and he doesn't take care of the kids so what DOES he do? There is a lot I don't know about your relationship but what are you getting from this relationship other than heartache and anger?