Anyone doing the Couch to 5k!?

Options
I'm looking for more friends who post about their C25K runs!! Anyone feel free to add me, I can use all the help I can find, but I am hoping to make some C25K buddies!!! I just finished week 5 and I'm pretty proud of myself :):)

Good luck everyone!!!

Replies

• chele76
    chele76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started week 4 this morning :) - add coming right up!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm on day two today! SO excited haha...I got the get running app for my ipod and I loved it last run...we'll see how I like it today lol! I'm hoping to do at least 1 5k by the end of the year...totally excited!
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    There is a C25K group on here. I was doing C25K on the treadmill, but my ankle went out on W2D3, so I don't know when I will be able to run again.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    <----C25K grad that is 11 days away from his first marathon. Congrats on what you have accomplished and keep going!
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Once we get regular sunlight I'm going to start it. I've never run a day in my life so I think this will be a good starting point. I have a goal to start March 12th since by then it should still be light enough outside after my daughter's bedtime (the only time I can work out)
  • mrsred79
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 tonight. I've done it before and got to about week 5 and then got pregnant with our 3rd child. I'm just getting back into it!
  • natnlj
    natnlj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want to try it, but is being 51 years old too old? I've seen the website and would LOVE to be able to run a 5K this year. Let me know your thoughts...congratulations on your efforts! That's great!:smile:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Just finished week four, please add me too!
  • subtractionproject
    Options
    I'm halfway through Week 8! It really is an amazing programme - I wouldn't be seeing half the results I am with my body without it.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 8 Day 1 - 28 mins!! So proud of how far i've come. Best program ever! I never thought I'd be a runner :happy:
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for several weeks, however i just keep doing week 2 over and over as i was very unfit and quite overweight so i feel i need to get my fitness up 'lots' before i move on. I am getting good at C25K week 2 now so may move on in a few weeks

Will add you

Anyone want to add me - feel free

Diane
  • dalygirl_2010
    Options
    I am midway thru week 3! I can use all the support I can get...
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    I want to try it, but is being 51 years old too old? I've seen the website and would LOVE to be able to run a 5K this year. Let me know your thoughts...congratulations on your efforts! That's great!:smile:

I completed it at 42. I have a friend in her 70's who started running a couple of years ago, and has completed a 5K since. I'm not sure if she used c25K, but I think you can learn to run at any age. Just start slowly and gradually. (C25K is very gradual) And who cares how fast you are? I'm just proud that I can run for extended times!
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I found a similar (free) version called PodRunner Interverals (http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html). They have a 5K, 8K, and 10K version as well as other free mixes that you can download to your mp3 player. The music is more on the techno/club side. The weeks run anywhere between 25 and 35 minutes long. I ususally do a 10 walk at 3.5 then switch to the week I'm on and do the walk/run at 3.5 / 4.5 then do a 10 walk at 3.5 so I spend about 50 minutes on the treadmill. I'm in week 3 now. I am doing each week as many times as it takes until I have no problem completing the week without getting overally fatigued and out of breath.
  • itsmemeg
    itsmemeg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to but I am really scared of joint trouble and shin splints! I walk 1-3 miles almost every day but running feels WAY different. I downloaded the app...just need to start, but I'm still not sure it's a smart move for me. I am still 50 lbs overweight and the last thing I need is to blow out a knee or something and then not be able to exercise at all.

What do you guys know about shin splints? When you get them are you supposed to stop or try to work through them?
  • Tdepp80
    Options
    I am on week 4, I love it. I think it makes running after having a baby easier.
  • Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Last night was Week 4, Day 1 and I am so happy with myself. I can not beleive I completed it. The running jumped up 7 minutes and the walking....well not enough minutes if you ask me :)

Week 3, Day 1 I said for sure I"m doing this week over again...but then Week 4 came and I just started it. During W4D1, all I kept thinking was I'm doing this week over again for sure...but I've been surprising myself.

I would absolutely love some C25K buddies. I was definately on the couch on W1D1.

Add me :)
  • bunnieway
    Options
    I want to try it maybe I can get my husband to do it with me.
  • amandanrd
    amandanrd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 5, too!! I was so proud of myself for that 20 minute run! I actually ended up going longer than 20 minutes because I was so close to 2 miles, that I had to get to 2 miles. I don't know that I have ever ran 2 miles straight!!
  • mlapanowski
    mlapanowski Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ah! Thanks for the responses everyone! I think I added you all; if I forgot you feel free to send me an add. Everyone is doing so well! :) I can't wait to start week 6!