Gym stares

Options
ramonasowner
ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
You ever lock eyes with someone consistently at the gym time after time but still never know their name or talk to them? This is weird, but it keeps me busy on the treadmill. Any thoughts?

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    all the time!! over time I've become friends with some of these people actually! :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yup.. yesterday. I was in the weight room and he was hot. It was awkward but nice. Hopefully I'll see him again so I can stare haha.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It is strange.

There are several people who must be on a similar schedule I am, I see them all the time, we make eye contact, maybe nod, but never speak. I'm sure some of that has to do with the early hour of the day, before 7:00 AM, so most people, including me, are trying to get done and off to work.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Daily.

I remove myself from socialization at the gym though...When the headphones are in I'm all about my business. Probably should work on being a tad warmer. ;/
  • ramonasowner
    Options
    It's um, inspiring isn't it....
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Absolutely! It is strange.

This ^^^^!! It is strange, but I do it every damn time I'm there... : D
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You ever lock eyes with someone consistently at the gym time after time but still never know their name or talk to them? This is weird, but it keeps me busy on the treadmill. Any thoughts?

yes for about a year, I've been living with him for 9 years now!!
  • theleftie
    Options
    Nothing wrong with being all about business - but what I've found is a smile usually gets you one back. We are all there for the same reason - mostly...
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    same thing happens to me, same group of 15-20 people night after night, rarely does anyone talk to one another, we are all in our own little worlds with our ipods/mp3's on haha
  • ramonasowner
    Options

yes for about a year, I've been living with him for 9 years now!!

LOL congrats!!!!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily.

I remove myself from socialization at the gym though...When the headphones are in I'm all about my business. Probably should work on being a tad warmer. ;/

I feel the same way, I do not want to make friends or talk. At my old gym it would take me a half hour extra to get my work out done.
  • PamelaKeebler
    PamelaKeebler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've gone to the same gym for over two years now and see the same set of people day in and day out. I don't know their names, and have never exchanged words with most of them. I really don't mind that. I like going to the gym because I work with people all day and I can finally just get lost in my own head and do my own thing.

but..... it's interesting if/when you finally do talk to one of those random people and find out who they are. Sometimes your perception of a person can be way off. People are an adventure.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Yes, there are 8-10 men and women who are dedicated at working out at 6 am with me at Gold's Monday - Saturday and I hate the fact I don't know even their names. I need to work on that! What is also interesting is I only see 1 outside of that Gym environment, you'd think I'd bump into them around town too!
  • ramonasowner
    Options
    but..... it's interesting if/when you finally do talk to one of those random people and find out who they are. Sometimes your perception of a person can be way off. People are an adventure.
    [/quote]

yeah I know what you mean< I should walk up to the biggest dude and say HI just to hear his voice, it's prob all peter bradyish. lol!
  • Alarista
    Alarista Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's weird, but I like to in my head give them a little back story. Of course in my head I'm sure they are WAY more interesting then they really are, but it's fun.
  • hlshubert
    Options
    I think it's just one of those crazy things us humans do - you're still reaching out and supporting each other for sure - but just with your eyes... lol!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    One time a girl was facing me but, looking somewhere else. Not sure if it was a stare or not. It kinda looked like this.

crazy_eyes.gif
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    One time a girl was facing me but, looking somewhere else. Not sure if it was a stare or not. It kinda looked like this.

crazy_eyes.gif

hahahahahahahahaha
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    PLEASE UNDRESS ME WITH YOUR EYES

Funny_Face_Guy.jpg
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    There's a couple that always works out at the same time every morning, every day with me at the apartment gym. So either I'm waay off putting or they're snobbish or something, but they never smile, look at me, or even as much as acknowledge that we share the gym so much. Understandingly, I realize that the gym is about bidniz, not a social party but c'mon! I'm nice.. :(