Ranch Lover!

Options
When I eat salads the ONLY dressing I use is Ranch Dressing.. Is there a substitute anyone else is using??

Replies

• akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    There are dressings that are made with yogurt that I really like - they're refrigerated near the salad section in the grocery store - they have like 1/2 the calories and taste great!
  • doiexist1987
    doiexist1987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ranch dressing powder is a great thing. I use it to flavor a lot of food (mmm...buffalo ranch chicken bits) anyways for 0.5 tsp it is only 5 calories, and would make an amazing dressing alternative if you like salads with moist veggies such as tomatoes or cucumbers. Also I can imagine it would work well if you use a little water on the salad too to help it stick better.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    When I eat salads the ONLY dressing I use is Ranch Dressing.. Is there a substitute anyone else is using??

Try mixing plain greek yogurt *fat free)t with ranch packets. Maybe mix in some splenda if needed for taste.

Thank me later.
  • PaigeReneeH
    Options
    Oh that sounds awesome! I'll have to try that out! Thanks so much!
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds awesome! I'll have to try that out! Thanks so much!

I have done the greek yogurt and ranch mix... It can be a little thick, so add just a tablespoon of almond milk or skim milk to water it down.
  • PaigeReneeH
    Options
    Oh yum! Im going to try that out! Thanks!!
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I make my own with plain greek yogurt and dry ranch. You could enjoy an entire cup of it for around 170 calories (if you really wanted to). I also use it for a veggie dip.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    hidden valley light ranch is 70 calories for 2 tbs....or one of the companies make a ranch dressing in a spray thing and its really low calorie
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I buy the light hidden valley ranch and then I add some salsa and some wholly guacamole!!! It is awesome!!!
  • mdailey93
    Options
    I eat ranch made with yogurt... But I've never made my own with greek yogurt. I'll have to try that.
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    holy moly, i thought my ranch days were over! I'm getting used to and do enjoy balsamic vin., but I miss my ranch!

I'm SO going to try this! thanks!
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Oh and one more thing - get the little bitty zip loc Tupperware containers - and they are the perfect size to put your own dressing in and take into restaurants. I know it's not the norm - but hey - gotta look out for yourself :D

http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages/TwistLocContainers.aspx?SizeName=Small

These work well!
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I buy the light hidden valley ranch and then I add some salsa and some wholly guacamole!!! It is awesome!!!

love the wholly guacamole 100 calorie packs!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I saw on this site a long time ago that I saved. I have yet to try it but I think it is a great idea.

Take a container of fat free cottage cheese and place in a food processor and process and smooth about 2 minutets.
    Add a pack of ranch dressing mix and process until blended.

serving size
    1/2 cup
    calories 80
    protein 14g
    sugar 4g
    sodium 390mg
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I use this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ranch-dressing-ii/detail.aspx

I leave out the salt and thin it out with a little bit of buttermilk. It has a lot less sodium (108 mg in about a 2T serving) and is delicious as a dip or dressing!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hidden valley light ranch is 70 calories for 2 tbs....or one of the companies make a ranch dressing in a spray thing and its really low calorie

How does the light ranch taste in comparison to fat free ranch? I cannot stand the fat free - it tastes NOTHING like ranch.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Wishbone makes a Ranch spray dressing... 2 calories per spray. Not too bad either. :happy:
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I saw on this site a long time ago that I saved. I have yet to try it but I think it is a great idea.

Take a container of fat free cottage cheese and place in a food processor and process and smooth about 2 minutets.
    Add a pack of ranch dressing mix and process until blended.

serving size
    1/2 cup
    calories 80
    protein 14g
    sugar 4g
    sodium 390mg

Wow now that really sounds good. Think I'll give it a try. I've been using Kens Raspberry Pecan. It's good but I miss my Ranch.

The Lite Tastes soooo much better than the Fat Free Ranch.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    ME TOO...i cant seem to get into any other...i have started using LESS but still..RANCH is it....

Excellent topic...