Should I joint Weight Watchers just for the weigh-ins?

Options
I'm a Lifetime member with WW, but because I'm above my goal I would have to pay if I went back. I found success with WW in the past, but I'm finding the Points system fairly outdated; it made sense when the alternative was tallying up every calorie on paper, but now that we have amazing tools like MFP I think it's much easier to track food that way--not to mention more accurate.

That said, I found it really helpful to physically go somewhere and have someone weigh me every week on a particular day. It seemed to make it more official somehow. I'm struggling with sticking to my plan on MFP and I think the structure of a weigh-in (while continuing to track food and exercise on MFP) could help me stay focused. But of course--I'd rather not spend the money if I don't have to.

Any thoughts on using WW meetings just for staying focused, and not using their plan at all? Or are there any alternatives or ideas to make at-home weigh-ins feel more official?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Seems like a waste of $$ to me. How about making your MFP friends hold you accountable? Join one of the many challenges going on or start your own where you all post on a weigh-in day every week.
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Do you belong to a gym? If so, they'll usually weigh you and keep record if you ask them. If MFP is working for you and the only reason you want to go to WW is to weigh in, this may be a cheaper option.

Ditto on joining a challenge or picking someone from MFP to help keep you accountable on your weekly weigh ins.

edit-> I'll be happy to be your MFP weigh in buddy...I could use one for my Thursday weigh ins too. :bigsmile:
  • silkii_locks
    Options
    Get out you video camera or camera phone and record your weigh ins and post the vids for you friends or if you like, the public.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am a lifetime member of WW as well. I am above my goal weight & would have to pay to weigh in. So instead I invested in a nice scale & have my own weekly weigh in at home. I find the same support here as I did at the weekly meetings but, here I can check in as many times a day as I need to stay focused & it doesn't cost me a dime.

My advice to you is find the best solution that works for you. So if go to meetings to weigh in is what will keep you focused I say do it.

Feel free to add me as a friend so we can support eachother.
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Such good ideas, thank you all!