Any "older" moms with younger children??

Options

Replies

• tlnortontoth
    tlnortontoth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50 and I have an eight year old girl. Friend me if you wish. I'm new to the site and don't have any yet.
  • TLMonroe
    TLMonroe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 years old, with a 5 year old and a two (soon to be three) year old. Talk about being the oldest mom in the room! Feel free to add me!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and my youngest is 11. Oldest 18.
    I'll never forget those crazy years with little ones. When I brought my last baby home from the hospital I had the new born, a 2 year old, a 4 year old and a 6 year old. Crazy wonderful days!
    Ask me anything!~
    Debbie
  • cherlea33
    cherlea33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 44 and have an almost 3 yr old girl and a 4 yr old boy. Please add me to the group :)
  • lrussell0402
    lrussell0402 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in April and I have a 15 yr old, an 8 yr old, and a 7 yr old....working on making my 40's my new 30's....slowly losing the weight and just recently stopped smoking!! ACK!!!
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am 40 with a 7yr old boy. Add me if you like!
  • Graciecny
    Options
    I am 44 and have a 7 year old and a 9 year old. Taking time "off" from being a mom to hit the gym has been hard, but it is something I need to do! The challenge never ends, though - this is a vacation week for the kids, so I'm trying to fit workouts in around being home with them on my days off from work. My vacation weeks never coincide with theirs. :frown:
  • imaginec
    imaginec Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be 58 this year and I have a 15 yr old. Gee, if I survive these teenage years it will be a God thing. Add me if u like. :laugh:
  • beltran_y
    Options
    Hi Christine,

Good Topic! I always feel like the elderly Mom considering my youngest is almost 2 and I had her after 40! My 13 & 12 year olds kept me pretty busy and I was content with my body image until this last pregnancy. I finally resolved to commit the early hours of the morning to work out to DVD's or wii fit. (it's the only time I have to myself) I take walks during my lunch hour but it's not enough to get me where I want to be. Juggling marriage, motherhood and work is a challenge to say the least. This is a great site for wellbeing.

Good luck on your journey :)
  • nursing06
    Options
    I think I qualify. I'm 41 with a 2 year old. Message for friend me if you want.
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    40 yrs old with 2 boys. 12 yr old and an almost 3 yr old. Love doing things with them and can't wait to get this weight off to be even more active..
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and my daughter is 10 (going on 21!)
    Nice to meet everyone!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am 38 with a little boy who will be 5 in April.... Do I fit as an "older" mom?
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well I don't see any as old as me with as young a child mine. I am 51 and my youngest daughter is 6. I had her when I was 44yrs old. I also have a 16yr old daughter and a 23 yr old son. He has a 5 month old, my grandson. I am enjoying every minute of my youngest child...maybe because I am absolutely sure she's the last and I take nothing for granted. She is the reason I decided to make major health changes...I want to be around to see her grow up.
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello Christine!

I am 43, almost 44, and I have 5 kiddies that range from ages 25 to twins that are 8, and a granddaughter that is almost 4 - ALL live with me!!

Feel free to friend me!

Take care,
    Jackie
  • karen0080
    Options
    Hi I'm 47 with a wonderful 6 year old boy.... I think I have more patience with him being older.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do I count??? I am 61 and my youngest child is 18.

I would like to add that my oldest is 43. I actually had to get out my calculator to figure out how old he is.
  • tammyw59
    tammyw59 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goodness, after reading all these replies from "older" women, I must be grandma! I'm 52 and have an 11-year-old. He's the light of our lives. It feels good to be healthy and active and able to keep up with him, in fact outdo him.
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYSROCK!!!!!
    It is so nice to see everyone posting here and not embarrased by their age or the ages of their children.....
    So.....
    let's keep this subject going....

What was your biggest challenge being " mature" when you had your children/ or were pregnant...????

Looking forward to hearing from you all!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 41, I have two sons, ages 2 and 7...feel free to add me!