ground turkey

Options
any good ground turkey recipes?..im tired of turkey loaves and turkey burgers lol ooooooo maybe someone has a good turkey soup recipes?! :)

Replies

• jensocalgirl
    Options
    Jenni-O Turkey's Web site has a bunch of good recipes... check it out. http://www.jennieo.com/
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    make spaghetti. and use heartland 100% whole wheat noodles and ragu light tomato and basal. it is really good!!!!
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    ground turkey tacos mmmm.....so delish, fast, and easy! Anything you make with ground beef can be substituted with turkey!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I use it to make taco meat and sloppy joes.
    In both cases, brown a pound of meat like you would for spaghetti, drain any excess liquid/fat then add-
    For tacos: a four ounce can of tomato sauce (not spaghetti sauce it generally near the tomato paste), and chili powder to taste. I use about a tablesoon. You can use taco seasoning instead of the chili but I think it has too much sodium and it's more expensive. The taco shells only have 50 cal. a piece. add your favorite toppings. I just use tomatoes and lettuce and it comes to about 260 cals. for two tacos. Makes 8.

Sloppy joes: I just add 1/4c of barbque sauce and a 1/4c of ketchup. Put it on a roman meal whole grain hamburger bun and it's only 275 calories. Makes 4. It is a little high in sugar.

I'm basing my calories on Foster Farms Ground Chicken Breast (120cal for 4oz).

I also have a lowfat lasagna recipe that is really good. Message me if you want it.
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    ground turkey tacos mmmm.....so delish, fast, and easy! Anything you make with ground beef can be substituted with turkey!

Agreed! Before I was trying to eat cleaner, we would make hamburger helper with ground turkey. Now I can't handle the sodium.
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    I just made turkey goulash last night and it was delicious.

1lb ground turkey
    1 medium diced onion
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can tomato sauce
    wheat noodles of choice
    frozen corn
    Spices I used: basil, garlic, garlic pepper, chili powder
  • carriedkline
    carriedkline Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ground turkey sloppy joes are delicious. Especially if you add red and green peppers to the mix.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    any good ground turkey recipes?..im tired of turkey loaves and turkey burgers lol ooooooo maybe someone has a good turkey soup recipes?! :)

Any recipe that calls for ground beef... use your imagination. I can think of about ten off the top of my head:

Turkey Tacos
    Turkey Chilli
    Turkey Stuffed peppers
    Turkey Spaghetti sauce
    Seasoned ground turkey and brown rice with veggies
    .... the list goes on and on.
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Agreed! Before I was trying to eat cleaner, we would make hamburger helper with ground turkey. Now I can't handle the sodium.

Oh yeah, I'm not trying to eat clean but i'm def trying to cut back A LOT! Fortunately I grew up in my grandparents house who are really old school so I learned a deep appreciation, apparently very deep looking at my weight for more natural foods. I'd never even had spaghettios until i moved out of my house at 19 and they are disgusting....I'm not a huge fan of boxed meals thank god!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

Oh yeah, I'm not trying to eat clean but i'm def trying to cut back A LOT! Fortunately I grew up in my grandparents house who are really old school so I learned a deep appreciation, apparently very deep looking at my weight for more natural foods. I'd never even had spaghettios until i moved out of my house at 19 and they are disgusting....I'm not a huge fan of boxed meals thank god!

We never really ate boxed meals at my house growing up either. It was WAY too expensive with 5 of us but I, sadly, like the stuff now. :sick: