This is my Motivation...

Options
So I've decided to run the Great North Run.

(mini plug here: http://www.justgiving.com/jamesbloodruns)

Back in 2009 I managed to lose a stone and a half (thanks to a monetry incentive among a group of my work collegues during my gap year, and I'm extremely competitive). That was swiftly put back on and I've maintained about 12.5 to 13 stone for the last 2.5 years now.

I found MFP after downloading the app to my iPod a few days ago. Already I can see it's going to help me change the way I eat and excercise. The success stories on here are truly motivational as well and I can't help but imagine how happy I would be if I could do something like that.

So here's to the next 7 months, during which I plan to give up alcohol for lent, to drop at least 10 kilos, and to run the GNR in under 2.5 hours. Who knows where I can go from there.

Wish me luck! :D

Replies

• AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I would love to do a half marathon this year but I am still at the 10k stage, and then travelling all through the summer so unlikely to have much training time. Have fun!
  • mummymichelle
    mummymichelle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal really works if you stick to it... I think it's so much better than weight watchers or any of those fad diets. Good luck! :)