Let's play remember when....

Replies

• JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    I remember when a text message was simply called a letter!
    I remember when people were smart enough to use a belt correctly so that nobody let their pants hang down below their @ss.
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    I remember when bubble gum stuck to your face!!
    I remember the Banana Splits!

...and I remember going to my cousin's house to watch the Banana Splits on Saturdays because they had one of those new color TV's!!
  • I remember when I could eat anything I wanted and as much as I wanted and not gain an ounce

I remember when My relatives told me don't worry someday it will catch up to you

I remeber when it did
  • I remember the sweet smell of my newborns and the feel of holding them in my arms. Watching them sleep. Now they are all in college. God I miss those days. :cry:
  • BriskaPacojame
    BriskaPacojame Posts: 195 Member
    I remember sitting by the radio waiting for my favorite song to come on so I could tape it :bigsmile:

Awww, I miss mix tapes! I write MIX TAPE on my cd's now :)
  • i remeber the good ole days when i could wear size 10's and do 8 circuits :sad:

i remember the day my lil girlie was born *happyyy*:bigsmile:
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    I remember when there were only 3 tv channels... and phones had cords... and dials. Remember the sound of dialing a phone?
    "Shhhhhk...tk tk tk tk tk tk .... shhhhhhk tk tk tk .... shhhhhhhk tk tk tk tk tk tk tk tk

Oh, and music stations on AM radio (cause FM wasn't around yet).
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    I remember holding a tape recorder microphone up to the TV speaker to tape music off of MTV.
    I still have a cassette of "Live Aid" somewhere in my house. YIKES.

My 8 year old got an old Walkman from his auntie. He popped in a Star Wars tape she had from years ago and then told me "this thing broke." He had no idea why I kept telling him he had to "turn it over." :laugh:
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    I remember walking into a room and it getting quiet. Not because I had my skirt tuck in my stockings, but because I was HOT:laugh:

Now I remember the last time I went out And I had to basically jump over the bar to even get the bartender to notice me.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 682 Member
    I remember when I used to rewind a cassette tape with a pencil. LOL

bah ha ha . . . me too.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    I remember when there were only 3 tv channels... and phones had cords... and dials. Remember the sound of dialing a phone?
    "Shhhhhk...tk tk tk tk tk tk .... shhhhhhk tk tk tk .... shhhhhhhk tk tk tk tk tk tk tk tk

** contented sigh ** We put an old phone on our wall and turned off the cordless ringers just so we could hear that glorious sound every time the phone rang. Does that make me OLD??? :tongue:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    I remember thinking why would someone spend so much money on a HRM- then I got one- NEVER LOOKED BACK SINCE! Best thing I ever got!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    I remember sitting by the radio waiting for my favorite song to come on so I could tape it :bigsmile:

Awww, I miss mix tapes! I write MIX TAPE on my cd's now :)

haha, so do I! :laugh:
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 532 Member
    ... snap bracelets were the shiznit
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    I remember when phones had cords and if you were out and about and needed to call home you needed a dime. Mailboxes on street corners.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    I remember I was just like you
    Smoking blunts with my crew
    Flipping oldies 62's
    'Cause G-E-D wasn't B-I-G,

I got P-A-I-D
    That's why my mom hates me
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    I remember when gas was .99 ! Ohhhhh, how times have changed.

HA!!!!! I remember when gas was $0.69/gallon and $5 of gas was A LOT!!!!!
    I remember when I could see the numbers go around...slowly!!!
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Oh, here's one...

I remember when OJ Simpson was fleeing from the police in the White Ford Bronco & I watched it on live TV.

What an odd memory you just reminded me of. I was building hiking trails in New mexico at the time, and every time the foreman took a drink of his orange juice he would say "OJ, why did you kill your wife?". Damn, I was able to carry a 125lb backpack that year....
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,226 Member
    I remember when I would go to a bar, drink whatever I wanted to....eat a burger and fries at 2am and not gain a pound. I guess it was the 6 hours of dancing before that.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    I remember when you had to get up to change the TV.....
    I remember when I used to have to drive my car to see how many miles my runs where (thank goodness for Garmin)
    I remember when I used to smoke (gave it up 15 yrs ago)
    I remember when I could eat a bowl of ice cream everynight and not gain a pound (sigh....miss those days)